2 Part Dosing Schedule

ZapataInc

Supporting
Reaction score
So ive had Jebao 4 head dosing pump for a while now and I havent set it up yet. If you are someone that doses 2-part what is your schedule like? Do you dose the amount throughout the day? Ive talked to a few and they alternate dosing ALK on even Hours and CAL on odd hours. Or do you dose once a day for each element? And do you always dose equal parts ALK and CAL? I ask that because when I test it seems like my ALK is used more than my CAL.

I spread it out evenly over 24 hours. I dose alk and cal on opposite hours. Have not yet needed to dose mag

It is common that newer systems, especially, use more alk than calcium.

Was accurate for me until March. I noticed a little fall off of Ca, so that's when I started dosing 1:1.

My pumps are programmed to do Ca during the lighting period, once in the late morning and once in the afternoon. Alk runs after the lights go out, and second time right when I'm usually up but the lights haven't kicked on yet.

So ive had Jebao 4 head dosing pump for a while now and I havent set it up yet. If you are someone that doses 2-part what is your schedule like? Do you dose the amount throughout the day? Ive talked to a few and they alternate dosing ALK on even Hours and CAL on odd hours. Or do you dose once a day for each element? And do you always dose equal parts ALK and CAL? I ask that because when I test it seems like my ALK is used more than my CAL.
I use this exact pump. It pumps 5ml of alk every hour at xx:00, and 5ml of calc every hour at xx:30. If they dose at the same time they just form salt and participate.

It is common that newer systems, especially, use more alk than calcium.
So do I keep dosing at the same amount of ALK and CAL or do I adjust to keep it at the levels I'm shooting for? Right now I'm aiming for 8.5 DKH and 415 ppm for CAL. Or what are some suggested levels to be at?

So do I keep dosing at the same amount of ALK and CAL or do I adjust to keep it at the levels I'm shooting for? Right now I'm aiming for 8.5 DKH and 415 ppm for CAL. Or what are some suggested levels to be at?

What is your daily Alk demand? It all starts there.

Back