20 GAL SUMP Conversion

flyingarmy

Market
Reaction score
I am going to make my 20 GAL tank into a sump/refugium. Since my 55 GAL is not drilled and currently has livestock, anyone know of a good source for a hang-on overflow and a place to buy custom pieces of acrylic to make the sump? If anyone has any lessoned learned while making yours, please post them up. Thanks in advance!

hey army guy i have a custom made overflow and custom made sump never been used that ill sell you im guessing it is between 5 -10 gallons. let me know if ur interested.

well it could probably fit 20 gallons in it you dont want the water that high. also it comes wit bioballs

Maroons15 wrote: well it could probably fit 20 gallons in it you dont want the water that high. also it comes wit bioballs

Do you have any pitcures of it? How much do you want for it?

i bought it custom made from y friend for 150 and its never been used but i do not have a pic right now but later today when i get home from school i can post a pic i will sell it for $100.00 with the bioballs and the overflow box.

Maroons15 wrote: i bought it custom made from y friend for 150 and its never been used but i do not have a pic right now but later today when i get home from school i can post a pic i will sell it for $100.00 with the bioballs and the overflow box.

Looking forward to seeing the pictures. I don't need the bio-balls...too much of a nitrate producer. Already pulled my bio-balls out of my other Sealife Sump and replaced with LR & LS!

Maroons15 wrote: as you wish no bioballs for you.

I threw most of the bio-balls away...except for about 10 which my cat absolutely loves! No need to buy expensive cat toys!

yeha i dont have any in my sump either.i just have sponges but i need a bigger sump cause i want to but live rock in it but i dont have room in the one i have now.

Back