24 Gal Cube SPS nano reef tank

I bought a wife a 3d printer because she wanted one.
Well, I’m using it more than her. Lol

Made radion light shade, overflow cover, Hanna test tube holder, pod hotels, ato tube holder etc.

Credit goes to whoever made these available at no cost.

IMG_8290.jpeg

23 month update:

Tank is on a cruise mode with not much changes made.

-Currently keeping No3 around 10 and Po4 around 0.1 with frozen fed twice a day and liquid nitrate and liquid phosphate dosed every other day. It’s not much. Just 5ml of diy no3 and 0.5ml of diy po4. If I don’t dose, my tank will bottom out.

-There are spots of green turf algae that’s always been there. Gives me an idea as how high my nutrients are based how fast they spread. Currently seems to be loosing to ATS as I can see them receding.

-Took GSP off the back walls.

-Took out the gyre on the back wall

-Lost small frag from what I believe to be too strong of flow with fully saturated kalk hitting the coral when I did the reef snow treatment. Way I have the powerhead and the lower water level must done it. Next morning it was RTN.

-Added some more CUC. There are vermid snails as well. Can only keep em at bay. Hence I was treating with reef snow. And I do usually about 10x stronger than recommended -.- (5ml to 10ml on 24G). I think that’s like 10times above recommended. I plan to not turn off return pump anymore and let it just run thru the tank when I do it. Which is like once a month if I remember -.-

-Added ATO to 15AIO. I will start adding kalk solution to it. Currently at dkh around 7.5. And will add some softies

-Bought a CO2 monitor and noticed very high level in the house. Too well insulated.

Front
IMG_8575.jpeg

Left side
IMG_8574.jpeg

Right side
IMG_8573.jpeg

CO2 monitor shows high ppm.
IMG_8580.jpeg

15Gal AIO. I will add some softies like zoas soon. And maybe some sand.
IMG_8571.jpeg

Back