24g aquapod or 24g jbj w/ stand

steagfs

Reaction score
Dr Foster and Smith have a jbj 24g for $240 w/ free stand and premium aquatics has a 24g aquapod for $160. Which would you all suggest?

Does $160 seem to good to be true? I'm afraid it may be only the tank w/ no lighting...please have a look.

merchant.mvc

After owning a 24g JBJ nanocube, I'd suggest the aquapod. Nanocube's have a history of breakage.

If you can afford it, I'd go with an Oceanic Biocube. Much better quality.

for the price , i would go with the aquapod - yes it does come with pc's which are decent

The 24G AP was my first tank and I really like it. I will even keep it up and running once I get the 120G going. Unfortunately, there are quite a few issues with it that need to be addressed almost immediately. The single fan in the hood is terrible so I replaced it and added a second fan in the spot that is made for another, they just don't put it in. The pump puts out too much heat so I replaced it with a maxijet 900 and then ended up drilling another bulkhead and added a second maxijet 900 to improve the flow. The lights are two dual 32W PCs which were ok, but again I decided I wanted a little more and after making another modification to the hood to add a third 32W pc I ended up removing the hood altogether and putting a 20" Orbit over it. It's still PCs but gives a little more without adding so much heat to the tank.

Bottom line I really like it, but it took a lot of work to get it where I wanted it.

You're welcome to come by and see it or give me a yell if you have any questions about it.

Shipping costs really don't make these nanos worth it imo.

The premium aquatics one costs almost 100 dollars to ship with ground. For the added cost you are better off going with aquabuys for your nano.

This is the one I just picked up. Nearly the same price, but with a much improved light than the ones you're looking at:
merchant.mvc

I would but the I am in grad school at Auburn, there is a lfs or two here......but nobody that carries nanos(other than petco w/ a 12 gallon costing $299). I am open to any suggestions, I would like to get everything......tank, decent lighting, and flow for 300 or so.

I'm just trying to find the best quality for the price. I'd love a red sea max but not interested in dropping 800 bones.

Let me know if anyone has any suggestions.

Back