400watt over 34 gal solana

victor626nj

Market
Reaction score
Ok so I have been thinking about getting a coral vue 400 watt dimable ballast with the luminbright mini and the reflux 12k bulb .....i want to know what people think about this i am going to hang the light about 14 inches above the water

Why? Do you want bigger par numbers, just like the look, ....etc?

A 400 with a lumen bright will obliterate a 34 gallon. Go with a 250 or even a 175.

ill talk to you about it at the store today victor i got an idea

I think you should just give me your solana...I have the perfect light for it!

Yeah, thats why I ask victor. While in my opinion the reeflux 12k is relatively low par for a 400w, and considering that you can run a coralvue higher off the tank than other reflectors, I think it is posscular setup?ible (I did it on a 29 with the exact setup you describe). THe thing is, you can get similar color and better par with like a Iwasaki 15k or Pheonix 14k in a 175-250 watt range. I just wonderd if there was any special reason for wanting that particular setup?

i have a 400w20k coralvue over my 36 gallon and its a friggen sps breeding ground. I would like to test the par on it if the meters ever get found. also remember i have to top off twice a day due to my evaporative cooling but that is about to change.

You can be the first person to ever need a 1/2 hp chiller on a 34g tank.

Put some more clams in there and we can have a clam bake at your house Vic. LOL

Back