450G Update. Lots of pics

kwl1763

Market
Reaction score
Here is the full link on RC. I also had soe info in TRT but we'll start updating here.

http://www.reefcentral.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=694606&perpage=&pagenumber=1">http://www.reefcentral.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=694606&perpage=&pagenumber=1</a>

The tank looks great after 2 weeks alone with only every other day feeding from someone who has no clue about aquariums so that's a huge success.

Nothing major to report. The calcium reactor is rocking and rolling. Levels are real stable at 8 dkH and 425 calcium. My Mg is a little low at about 1100 so I'll get that worked on as soon as I order something else from marine depot or premium. I also going to get some Mg medium to include in the reactor. I used to use doloite in there (about 15% of the media) but it's not easy to find anymore so I'll probably breakdown and order some of the ZeoMag or simular. Corraline is really kicking now and is at least 75% covering the starboard. I still keep scraping the back glass as I think it looks much cleaner and better that way.

Skimmer is kicking butt. I still haven't hooked up the chiller but no need this time of year!

2 things on my project list but no major hurry.

1) RDSB. I'm going to either put a 20G tub full of sand in the top sump or get a trashcan on wheels, fill it 3/4 with sand and then drill a bulkhead and feed it with a maxijet and overflow through the bulkhead back to the lower sump.

2) A clam "holder". I want to make an acrylic container for clams that will fit in a sump. Since I have 2 fish that will potentially nip them (copperband almost certainly will!) I want to make something to display them. I want to make it where I can make it a closed loop with a couple ball valve turns so I can feed the clams but keep some flow. I may make it two sections, One for clams and one as a prop/frag section. I have quite a bit of acrylic laying around so I'll have to think about it.

Other then that onto the eye candy.

Good ole full tank shot.

[IMG]http://kwl1763.com/Reef/Dec_06/Tank/fulltank.jpg alt="" />

Left Side

leftside.jpg
alt="" />

Center

mid.jpg
alt="" />

Right

rightside.jpg
alt="" />

Here is a pretty cool different kind of reflection shot. This is fro the left side behind the tank looking through the side towards the front.

leftreflec.jpg
alt="" />

One through the right side lengthwise.

throughright.jpg
alt="" />

Fish Update:

All is well. Everyone is eating great and getting along. Every once in a while the copperband will act like he doesn't like the regal and he'll flare and turn sideways but the regal just looks at him like he's crazy!

So so far there is:

Magnificent foxface
Regal Angel
Copperband Butterfly
2 True Percs
2 Neon Gobies

Some pics:

frankreflect.jpg
alt="" />

copperband.jpg
alt="" />

copperband2.jpg
alt="" />

randy.jpg
alt="" />

regal1.jpg
alt="" />

Corals.

I'll start with some of the small colonies and then I'll move onto the frags.

bluepolyp.jpg
alt="" />

bottle.jpg
alt="" />

farrightblue.jpg
alt="" />

lfttritop.jpg
alt="" />

peachstag.jpg
alt="" />

purplfttop.jpg
alt="" />

purpencr.jpg
alt="" />

purptip2.jpg
alt="" />

righttri.jpg
alt="" />

And I have a whopping 2 non SPS in the tank.

A suncoral (both orange and black) which is closed here and in the overflow (hence the super dirtyness)!

suncoral.jpg
alt="" />

And a nice frogspawn

frogspawn.jpg
alt="" />

Well I visited several reef buddies over the holidays and got a few frags (ok well actually 20 something) They all survived the trip back (14 hours drive time plus an overnight detour to Oklahoma) and are doing great. Here is a sample:

yong.jpg
alt="" />

torttop.jpg
alt="" />

tenius.jpg
alt="" />

purpthickfrag.jpg
alt="" />

garfbonz.jpg
alt="" />

fragpurp.jpg
alt="" />

That's it. As always any suggestions/questions are encouraged!!

Beautiful!!!!!!!!!!!!! I am with Big D I would love a frag in the future!!! Awesome tank!!!

Sprayin70 wrote: Beautiful!!!!!!!!!!!!! I am with Big D I would love a frag in the future!!! Awesome tank!!!

Count me in!! Your my hero!! I say this because I LOVE Regal Angelfish!! I want him. I actually saved his pictures lol. Also I really like those frags you got on the trip especially the blue one's. Thats a cool refection picture, at first I didn't know it was a reflection and I was wholly crap thats a big tank lol. Loven it!

Looks really great! Your photos make me miss my acros.

I really like the aquascaping!

Back