72 rr bow, new set up - fish recommendations

maelstrom79

Supporting
Reaction score
I bought a used setup - 72 rr bow, 10 gal sump, 12 g fuge, great light with two 150 mh/PC and three moon lights..... Used 125 skimmer.... But I haven't set it up yet since we're refinishing the stand.

I'd appreciate advice on three things:

1.) fish recommendations for this size aquarium - like any of us I appreciate beauty but also personality in fish. I love my clownfish (in my nano), goby/pistol pair.... I like the blennies I see at the LFS and dragonets (mandarins, which require a very established tank I know). These are fish I enjoy, but don't let that limit your recommendations !!

2.) time it will take the tank to establish with cycled live rock and new live sand (I've read/heard 4 to six weeks)

3.) macros to put in my fuge - I know calepura (misspelled) is bad, but besides chaeto what other things do u recommend? I've seen some cool macros on reef cleaners....

Thanks!!! :fish:

Edit: http://reefcleaners.org/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=50&Itemid=75

Reef cleaners link on fuge.... Great deals on macros

So I finished the plumbing today, I need to take pics for y'all. No recommendations/opinions on fish or macros for my fuge? I appreciate everyone's advice!!

4-6 six weeks sounds responable......you could always add some bio-gest or stability by seachem to ad bacteria...

you can always read my build, as I will recommend a bunch of peaceful wrasses! colorful, personality, and all shapes sizes....

no sixline, mystery, or any other bullies...

Good points, thank you! I'm using a coralife aqua light pro on the new tank. Looking forward to seeing things pop under those mh!

My 72 has 4 chromis, gold stripe maroon, ywg with a tiger pistol, bicolor basslet, bar goby, and the dreaded sixline which is coming out when the 150 gets ready.

Sent from my SCH-I500 using Tapatalk

Yea I also recommend fairy/flasher wrasses, possibly a bristletooth tang, and maybe a Xmas wrasse, yellow coris wrasse.

i'd go with a midas blenny, filamented or line spot flasher wrasse, and LN butterfly. later on after the tank matures a leopard wrasse. maybe a pink bar (A. aurora) goby

Back