72g Bowfront Build *Work in Progress*

That's a really nice set up. If I may ask - were you shooting for a specific number (weight) on the amount of live rock you bought? I have an identical 72 that I just bought and I'm gonna set up this weekend.

Thanks man! I love the tank - great setup and I can't complain at all. I think I used about 125 pounds of rock. I actually bought about 150lbs but I decided to not use it all.

What kind of sump/skimmer are you using? Is yours drilled, too?

Good luck, man.. I love this hobby :)

I'm using a used coralife 125 in sump skimmer. Mine is drilled on the left Just like yours....identical stand even. Crazy!!!

Do you think 125 pounds is too much or just right?

Very cool man. I've actually got a coralife 125 in the basement I'm eventually going to use on a frag tank.

So the rock depends on how strategically you place it. I could have probably fit another at least 25lbs in mine, but I wanted the shelves and gaps so the fish could easily hide. I think 125lbs will probably be enough and, I mean, you can always add more or take some out.

I'd start with 125 and see how you feel. Keep water displacement in mind. If you fill your tank up to the tippy top with water then start adding rock the displaced water is going to need somewhere to go, especially with adding 125lbs of rock. When I did mine, I think i actually put rock in first, then filled it.

Back