8020 Radion Mounting

hiimsean

Supporting
Reaction score
I’m making a light bracket out of 8020 to hang 2 gen 5 xr15 Radions. I read that 10-32 screws work on the radions it I was wondering how people are attaching them to their 8020 slots.

I’m making a light bracket out of 8020 to hang 2 gen 5 xr15 Radions. I read that 10-32 screws work on the radions it I was wondering how people are attaching them to their 8020 slots.
You can attach corner brackets to each mount on the Radion and screw the brackets into pieces of 8020 one on each side of the Radion.

I did this. I used their bar but you can use 80/20 bar if you wanted to also. Cut with a jigsaw for length with a metal blade. You will build the square with the 3rd photo. I used an L bracket to hold the ecotech bar in place. But I can go up and down and left and right so it’s simple to center the lighting. Hope that helps. If you need other photos let me know.

4D3CF363-5902-4EFC-89AA-EF41629E55DF.jpeg0958165E-A572-4284-80C7-95909A4B2915.jpegD6095DD2-4FB3-4C54-9550-A2FFAD5C6B37.jpeg

Used a t channel nut and bolt with large washer. I drilled through the original light bracket from the Radion. Loosen the Allen bolt to adjust position and tighten it back to hold it in place with tension.

53DD878E-E502-47DF-B1AA-E9061736033F.jpeg

Those both look great! Next week I will probably order some T channel from Amazon so I will be ready to construct my lighting rig for my frag tank. Seems to be the least expensive option. We do not really have anywhere in the Augusta area that sells various size sticks of T channel individually which is unfortunate though.

Those both look great! Next week I will probably order some T channel from Amazon so I will be ready to construct my lighting rig for my frag tank. Seems to be the least expensive option. We do not really have anywhere in the Augusta area that sells various size sticks of T channel individually which is unfortunate though.
Yeah amazon and 8020.net are where most folks go, shipping is too bad from 8020.net and they will cut to the size you want, vs amazon you may need to cut it yourself, but its simple to do.

Granger sells it as well. They have local places for pickup, not sure about Augusta though.

For a light rack cutting yourself isn't bad and the dimensions aren't needed to be exact.
@Doberman13 cut some for me with his compound miter saw and I put the rack together the other night.

For a stand, canopy, table or anything that needs to be exact I'd use 8020.net
Also their milled end fittings aren't something the average person can do.

Also for light racks these slide in hangers work great. The 3d files are listed and if you have a 3d printer or know someone that does you can make your own.

Last edited:
I cut Adam's pieces with a very cheap harbor freight miter saw with a standard wood blade. It is very easy, just remember to go slow and WEAR EYE PROTECTION.
Definitely wear eye protection. I know too many people who lost vision in an eye because they did not wear safety glasses or a face shield.

Back