90 gal build (part1)-pic intense.

jade76

Market
Reaction score
okay, so this is part one of a 90 gallon build. Im gonna start different threads for specific areas as I build with them because these threads are VERY pic intense and will hopefully inspire some of you creative DIY'ers out there to start that project...This build has been a long time coming and is gleamed from all your tanks!! leave me some suggestions.

So we start with stand. The stand is the only preexisting item, as I got it with the tank and renovated it.
100_2057.jpg
alt="" />
I started by chaulking and painting the inside w/high gloss to seal it up.
100_2058.jpg
alt="" />
I then had to add a panel to cover a few drilled holes where old plumbing used to run out the side.( thats where the dark area is now.)
100_2068.jpg
alt="" />
100_2070.jpg
alt="" />
100_2116.jpg
alt="" />

I started working on the canopy at the same time...
100_2121.jpg
alt="" />
100_2167.jpg
alt="" />
And then...a sneak peak with the doors on.
100_2173.jpg
alt="" />
100_2174.jpg
alt="" />

In the next part, The canopy....

Looks great, I love the "mission" styling of the stand/ canopy. Can't wait for more pic's.

Updates....Ive started laying out the stand compartment...
100_2193.jpg
alt="" />
100_2195.jpg
alt="" />
100_2196.jpg
alt="" />
This bracket, I built for my phosban reactors to hang from..The top lip will hook overt this rim and the bottom will hook over the edgte of the sump.
100_2199.jpg
alt="" />
100_2201.jpg
alt="" />
100_2202.jpg
alt="" />
And I added a piece of styrofoam insullation for the sump.
100_2203.jpg
alt="" />
100_2208.jpg
alt="" />
100_2207.jpg
alt="" />
100_2210.jpg
alt="" />

That looks great!!

I don't think I would have your patience- mine would have already been running with some HOB filters or something!!

Anyway- nice job!! Keep up the good work!

yep...Im kinda runnign out of patience myself... I cant wait to finish this project..But im gonna do it right so.....

So I keep doing work when I have the time and here is the most recent...I added The new electrical compartment..When I wen to the store they only had one component when Im planning on using two...so Ill still ahve to add that but with that said....here ya go..
First I had to make the box for it to install into.
100_2212.jpg
alt="" />
100_2213.jpg
alt="" />
100_2214.jpg
alt="" />
100_2217.jpg
alt="" />
100_2219.jpg
alt="" />
100_2221.jpg
alt="" />
I then added a latch, as its a hinged compartment for better access. Both sides have a latch.
100_2222.jpg
alt="" />
100_2224.jpg
alt="" />
I then had to cut out the back of the panel where this compartment will be installed....This is so I have easy access to the wiring area.
100_2218.jpg
alt="" />
100_2226.jpg
alt="" />
100_2227.jpg
alt="" />
100_2228.jpg
alt="" />
100_2229.jpg
alt="" />
And so here it is complete...short of another outlet strip that will set onto of the existing component. That gives me 16 individual controls, and the two holes on the side are for routing additional cords and power strips through. Having this installed is my final permanent installation into stand and now I just have to concentrat on the plumbing aspect of the sump.

Great looking work. I might have to "borrow" this idea and add it on to your old stand. What are the two holes on the one side for?

well..Im going to run two powerstrips underneath the bracket, and put my main lights on these, as they are each going on seperate timers, and that takes up a little of room( and Id like the be able to have better accesabilty to the main plugs on these). Im planning on using 3-250(w) halides and no acentics. Ive even run two seperate 20amp lines for the entire tank. Dude, Ive even figured out a way to drain(waterchange) the tank and have it filled back up with fresh salt. without ever having to touch or tote a single bucket!!!

Sounds like you have it all planned out. I would love to come see it once you get it filled.

Great idea on the hinges there. I can tell this is going to be one awesome tank just by the care you have put into the design!

Back