90 gallon cube stand

grouper therapy

Supporting
Reaction score
This is a stand for an ARC member. I thought it was one of the coolest woods I have ever used. That is its natural color absolutely no stain was used just a 4 coat lacquer finish . It is Padauck
I will let the owner post the other details as I am sure he will do a build thread.
<fieldset class="gc-fieldset">
<legend> Attached files </legend>
399598=19589-IMG_3836.jpg
>
399598=19589-IMG_3836.jpg
class="gc-images" title="IMG_3836.jpg[/IMG] style="max-width:300px" /></a>
399598=19590-IMG_3837.jpg
>
399598=19590-IMG_3837.jpg
class="gc-images" title="IMG_3837.jpg[/IMG] style="max-width:300px" /></a> </fieldset>

LilRobb;399601 wrote: Good to see you post the pics - everything works again?

I switched to Firefox and everything works great plus I like Firefox much better.

If you don't mind me asking, how are you supporting the feet? That is a really nice looking wood. How does it compare with oak in price? Very nice work by the way.

Jaandgc;399619 wrote: If you don't mind me asking, how are you supporting the feet? That is a really nice looking wood. How does it compare with oak in price? Very nice work by the way.
There is a x shaped structure that runs corner to corner under the stand that is painted black. The feet hold up nothing.I'd say at least twice the oak price.

Holy Mackeral Dave! That stand is beautiful! :up:

You are a true Artisan.
Dave

I've seen that stand before... Oh wait I'm looking at it right now :thumbs::thumbs::thumbs:. As David said I'll be starting a build thread soon. The pictures don't do this stand justice, the best I can say is that it simply glows and what you can't see in these pictures is that the stand is actually 3 pieces... I had to have it built in 3 pieces to get it into the room I wanted... The top, middle, and bottom separate, allowing it to go through a 31" opening. The stand also has doors on 3 sides.

As for why I went with Padauck... well I wanted something different and my wife said it had to look like furniture... I have worked with it before in turning and love how dense it is and figured it would hold up nicely...

If you ever need a custom (furniture quality) stand, David is your man...

Beautiful work. As someone who has tried to build cabinetry a couple of times, I'm seriously impressed by every pic you post of your work.

Someday we have to meet; it's a shame to be this close and not know a fellow reefer.

Kudos!

GREAT looking cabinet...

now, move it out of the way and post more pictures of your shop!

:D

Rbredding;399705 wrote: GREAT looking cabinet...

now, move it out of the way and post more pictures of your shop!

:D
Not much more to see a router table and a radial arm saw.

grouper therapy;399884 wrote: Not much more to see a router table and a radial arm saw.

HAHA

that was a good one - think of any tool you can possibly use for woodworking - I am sure I saw it in Dave's shop.

Thanks guys. I can't wait to see what Shane does with the build I got a feeling he is going all out.

LilRobb;399891 wrote: HAHA

that was a good one - think of any tool you can possibly use for woodworking - I am sure I saw it in Dave's shop.
No kidding!! He has an incredible workshop!!

Back