90 gallon cube stand

cr500_af;399696 wrote: Beautiful work. As someone who has tried to build cabinetry a couple of times, I'm seriously impressed by every pic you post of your work.

Someday we have to meet; it's a shame to be this close and not know a fellow reefer.

Kudos!
I must have skipped your post the other day, sorry. I know Barry we need to get together. Did you get a hood yet to match your stand? sending pm

Looks really good David. I tried to call you the other day. Did you get my message?

FatJoe;559435 wrote: Awesome stuff! Hey, I'd like to get a stand built, can you PM me?

PM him,
he is out of town but I am sure he will get back to you ASAP

grouper therapy;399598 wrote: This is a stand for an ARC member. I thought it was one of the coolest woods I have ever used. That is its natural color absolutely no stain was used just a 4 coat lacquer finish . It is Padauck
I will let the owner post the other details as I am sure he will do a build thread.

You made this??? Wow!!!! GREAT JOB!!!!!!:up:

grouper therapy;399624 wrote: There is a x shaped structure that runs corner to corner under the stand that is painted black. The feet hold up nothing.I'd say at least twice the oak price.

So that is to say the inside of the stand can't be used for sumps, topoff, etc due to space constraints? Or am I missing something --

The x brace runs from corner to corner under the bottom of the cabinet. That stand is actually 3 pcs that stack to facilitate egress thru 2/6 doors

grouper therapy;560820 wrote: Hey Dustin did that explain it well enough?

Yeah I think so. So the x-brace does not allow much to be stored underneath the tank/behind the doors right? Like a sump?

The way I'm understanding you, the x-brace would leave four triangular sized areas for storage underneath the stand, roughly 1/4th the size of the stand's footprint each. Right?

Dustin

No the x brace sits on the floor and then the cabinet sits on top of it The inside of the stand is open just like a conventional stand.

grouper therapy;560825 wrote: No the x brace sits on the floor and then the cabinet sits on top of it The inside of the stand is open just like a conventional stand.

Ahhhh...I see what you're saying now, that's pretty clever. You got any build pics?

Dustin

Back