A fish quarantine and hospital story

Would you tell were these fish came from? If it is a store that is running a central sump there may be other fish that are being sold with these parasites. Glad to hear that you didnt add these fish to your main tank, I learned the hard way QT tank is the only way. Sorry you lost your new fish.

kzoo almost all the stores have parisites, hes not giving out the name out of respec because he him self is a sponser but if you pm him it he will probable tell you

I wouldn't say all stores have fish with ich and if there a store that cares about what they sell to the people they would take steps to keep these fish from being sold. I would expect a petco or other large chains to let this happen but Im sure they came from some were else.

well it does happen and one of the fish he got was a hippo who are known for getting it but it does happen its hard to prevent it all the time when you have fish coming in and out ...anyways i think its better to take it to pms so it doesnt become a thread of people bashing a lfs cause it can get that way .thats all im not trying to turn this into a debate :)

Thats cool, just think that there sould be some sort of holding time these LFS use so that they dont sell people sick fish.

and =believe me i think the same but we cant watch there evey move and things do happen so i guess we just have to be prepared to fight off any infectio the fish might bring and qt them our selves

Back