About to call it quits

Here is a screenshot. Iodine and strontium low. Anybody see anything concerning?

Attachments

• Screenshot_20190411-153240_Drive.jpg
    Screenshot_20190411-153240_Drive.jpg
    562 KB · Views: 12
I thought these water analysis companies usually tell you what is low or high. Does Aquamedic not do so; is that all they provided?

No, they only offer a test result from Figi for reference.

Nothing looks majorly out of whack. Strontium is a little low and there's some Tin showing up. Chromium being a little up could mean there was some metal in there at one point but I'm really grasping at straws with that one.

Have you tested the tank for a stray voltage?

Here's my result I just got back from them yesterday.

Attachments

• testResult_adamnitschke_20190411195852.pdf
    19.5 KB · Views: 5
I was really hoping something would jump out for you but it all looks pretty good. Testing for stray voltage is a good idea though. I did have a pump put voltage into my tank and only found out about it when I just happened grab a hold of the grounding plug when it was out of water. Other than that, I wasn't grounded and never noticed anything and had the grounding plug in there just to be safe. I was cleaning my sump and grabbed it to stick it back in the sump and, well, I was certainly grounded.

Also here's a test from ATI in December and one of my RO water from October that showed the silicates getting through.

Attachments

• Analyse31111.pdf
    129.3 KB · Views: 3
  • Analyse27840.pdf
    128.6 KB · Views: 4
I was really hoping something would jump out for you but it all looks pretty good. Testing for stray voltage is a good idea though. I did have a pump put voltage into my tank and only found out about it when I just happened grab a hold of the grounding plug when it was out of water. Other than that, I wasn't grounded and never noticed anything and had the grounding plug in there just to be safe. I was cleaning my sump and grabbed it to stick it back in the sump and, well, I was certainly grounded.
How do you test for stray voltage? I can try that. Would a volt meter work?

Not sure if this was covered so sorry if it was. Did you check all magnets in the tank, sometimes the seal around them ruptured and can have a negative effect on the tank.

Testing for stray voltage? If you have a volt meter, turn the little dial to 120v AC. Stick the black probe in the ground or "bottom" hole in an outlet and the red plug into your water. Should read 0. If don't have an outlet close enough (you probably do) you can stick a piece of solid copper wire into the ground hole ad run it close to your tank. Better yet, if you have a ground probe, that's basically the same thing as running a wire to the ground plug in an outlet. When you see a ground probe, it has two plastic fins that go into the outlet and a metal plug for the ground plug.

Testing for stray voltage? If you have a volt meter, turn the little dial to 120v AC. Stick the black probe in the ground or "bottom" hole in an outlet and the red plug into your water. Should read 0. If don't have an outlet close enough (you probably do) you can stick a piece of solid copper wire into the ground hole ad run it close to your tank. Better yet, if you have a ground probe, that's basically the same thing as running a wire to the ground plug in an outlet. When you see a ground probe, it has two plastic fins that go into the outlet and a metal plug for the ground plug.

You can check lower than 120v too. If you have any DC pumps set the multimeter to check that range as well.

So I get a volt showing 0.04 when I put the probe in. Would that be enough to do damage? I literally turned every pump and heater off and still getting it.

Well I am stumped then. Some corals are starting to look a little better. I will do some more water changes. I am still thinking some toxin possible in that salt mix. I don't know what else it could be.

Back