ACjr Help

jgoal55

Market
Reaction score
Hey all,

I got one of these guys a while backl and finally got around to setting u. While I got it to control my lights ok, I cant seem to get it to control my fuge light or my cooling fan. The fuge light just keep blinking on and off randomly and the fan stays on the whole time.

I imagine that this is some sort of user error because the instructions that come with this thing are terrible but I think I did it right....anyway, if anybody can help me figure this thing out I'd really appreciate it.....

Thanks,
Jorge

Are you using x10 modules or a DC box?

If you are using X10 modules, inability to turn the module on or off can be caused by noise on the line. Electronic ballasts and some magnetic ones produce quite a bit of line noise that can interfere with the X10 signal. Try using a noise filter or pugging the ballast into a surge supressor and then plugging the surpressor into the X10 module.

If the X10 module turns back on right after the controller turns it off, try disabling the local control feature of the X10 module. See this article for directions.
displayx10article.asp

Schwaggs;87789 wrote: Are you using x10 modules or a DC box?

If you are using X10 modules, inability to turn the module on or off can be caused by noise on the line. Electronic ballasts and some magnetic ones produce quite a bit of line noise that can interfere with the X10 signal. Try using a noise filter or pugging the ballast into a surge supressor and then plugging the surpressor into the X10 module.

If the X10 module turns back on right after the controller turns it off, try disabling the local control feature of the X10 module. See this article for directions. http://x10ideas.com/articles/displayx10article.asp?articleid=26">http://x10ideas.com/articles/displayx10article.asp?articleid=26</a>[/QUOTE]

I am using the DC-8 that came with the acjr. So I imagine that I am using a DC box....If I am using an X10 module I have no idea that I am using one.

Jgoal55;87820 wrote: uhhhh.....maybe? lol....this is kind of what i am wondering.....
Then lets see your program. It's kinda hard to debug programming without being able to see it...

Ok guys....sorry this took me so long to post but here is my programming and of course, thanks for the help......basically I am still having problems with the fuge light (turns on and off sporadically) and the cooling fan (always on)

I double-checked and I do have them plugged in to the correct sockets on the DC-8

Names:

aLI-A01 - Actinics
tLI - A02 - T5's (non-actinic)
COL-A06 - cooling fan
LT2-A07 - Moonlights
LT1-A08 - Fuge Light

Programming:

if time > 16:00 then aLI on (actinics)
if time > 1:00 then aLI off

if time > 17:00 then tLI on (t5's)
if time > 00:00 then tLI off

if temp < 78.0 then COL off (cooling fan)
if temp > 79.5 then COL on

if time > 01:00 then LT1 on (fuge light)
if time > 08:00 then LT1 off

if time > 1:00 then LT2 on (moonlights)
if time > 10:00 then LT2 off

Thanks again!

Jorge,

With the program you have below, when your tank temp is between 78 and 79.5 degrees, the fan my be on or off, you cannot be certain which it will be. Above 79.5, it should be on and below 78 it should be off. What temp is your tank at when the fan stays on?

For the lighting, does the moonlight work OK?

Very strange programming from looking at it actinics should never be on as it is going to turn them off every time after 1am:

If Time >

It appears the order is wrong. When do you want your actinics on as in what range of time during the day?

Ok, so I actually got the fuge light working right....it appears that there was another name also assigned to that A-08 time slot......so both the fuge light and the PMP (something like that) was assigned to A-08....I redid that PMP name to be B-03 or whatever since I dont have a "B" DC-8. Basically, I put all the names I wasnt using to B-xx,

I double checked everything and there is nothing outside of what I am using that is assigned to the A-xx setting.

In fact, eveything works right now except the cooling fan...it just wont turn off.....the moonlights work fine as well.

Scwaggs....it stays on at any temp...basically, when I see the tank temp get above 79.5 I turn the fan on manually (its plugged in to the DC-8 but i flip the switch on the actual fan to on). I'll come back a little while later and the temp will be down to 77.9 or whatever but the fan will still be on?????

Is this too big of a temp range?

Are you sure your actinics are coming on? Based on that code the actinics will shut off at 1am and never come on. The TLI channel has a similar problem.

You fans will come on at 79.5 but won't shut off until 77.9 is reached. Depending on what your heater is set to 77.9 may never be hit.

Hey Cam,

Yeah, the actinics are coming perfectly well......1 hour before the normal lights. and they are shutting off too.

Everything works right except for that cooling fan.....either A) my temp range is too big - I am not even sure if this is possible or B) my fan is dumb.

Back