acquired a new client...

kstyle13

Market
Reaction score
I have acquired a new client that I will go into her home and maintain her tank. I have yet tto see her set up as of yet however all she knows is she had mollies. She wants bigger fish so pretty much the mollies are gonna go... any suggestions on bigger fish that will breed readily? She likes Africans but she also like south americans. I know convict are easy to breed but she wants colors. Since she won't have anything to do with the tank I pretty much have free reign to do whatever. Any suggestions?

I would go with African chiclids (more color), I would not mix African and South Americans. Africans like more alkaline water where South Americans like more acidic water.

Oh yes believe I learned that one many many years ago. Lol I was thinking about doing some blood parrots a pair of convicts, a turquoise Dempsey and about 4-6 silver dollars. That way she has some color like she wants but she will also get the breeding convicts without the pain of having to monitor buffering and ph when I'm not there. Being it a 75 gallon she will have a little wiggle room with this stocking ratio as the other fish can either get away or hold their own with the breeding convicts. The breeding part is key to this scenario as she wants her kids to be able to watch. What do you think?

Edit: Oh yes believe I learned that one many many years ago. Lol I was thinking about doing some blood parrots a pair of convicts, a turquoise Dempsey and about 4-6 silver dollars. That way she has some color like she wants but she will also get the breeding convicts without the pain of having to monitor buffering and ph when I'm not there. Being it a 75 gallon she will have a little wiggle room with this stocking ratio as the other fish can either get away or hold their own with the breeding convicts. The breeding part is key to this scenario as she wants her kids to be able to watch. What do you think?

IMO sa cichlids are easier to keep and breed in a community aquarium than Africans.
If the Africans pair up and breed you can bet any male fish that threatens the fry will die.
Also once there 9 months to a year in tgere Will be dominance issues and adding new fish is difficult once you have a year old bull that wants to breed.

That's kind of what I was leaning towards.... I think I'm sold on the sa

I missed the breeding part, I like your SA plan and it will be very interesting to watch.

Ok so we went with African chiclids. She loved the colors.
5a2ageda.jpg
alt="" />

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

Back