Acro Power linked to bleaching?

snowmansnow

Market
Reaction score
ok so this is the SECOND TIME this has happened to me.

A few years ago I had a thriving sps tank.. in my constant tinkering I began adding Acro Power as prescribed, or maybe even a half dose. Well, I had a mini crash that began with coral bleaching.

I recently began dosing the same product and guess what..... coral bleaching. I only lost one coral, however 3-4 have started loosing pigment. They still have PE even on the light colored skeleton so they aren't dead, but ......

what would cause AP to do this? I know it has gotten favorable reviews from most folks.

b

I use it all the time, and I have no known issues. If I used it twice, and corals started to bleach both times, I wouldn't care what anyone said....I just would never use it again!

That said, it is a form of carbon dosing...

I use to use Fuel but stopped using it due to refrig requirements. Acro Power is the only Amino Acid I use now. I use to vodka dose and now switched over to using all in one bio pellets and I have NO issues.

I had something similar happen to me with microbacter 7, had great colors on all my coral and after a few days everything was pale and eventually ended up losing almost all my SPS. Not thinking it was the MB7, I tried it again after 6 months of a stable tank and boom...same thing. I tossed it in the garbage.

Well the first time ... I wasn't sure.... But after the second I started putting 2 and 2 together

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back