acrylic glass?

gadawg

Market
Reaction score
Does anybody know where to buy acrylic glass? I am thinking of trying to build a tank. Or is it just better to buy one already built? Thanks

Better to have one built. Unless you've got a lot of experience with acrylic, a tank wouldn't be my first suggestion...

Buying is by far easier. Aquabuys sells some that are reasonable and glasscages.com has great prices on them.

Its not easy. I built a overflow box still trying to get it done. I'm about to build a sump but I got a friend from work that is helping me he has a metal shop at his home business and has cnc machines and said he would cut the acrylic for me.

Lowes has 1/4" 24x48 sheets. Lowes will cut it but they are really rough cuts. Well they are smooth but its not even. There are some other places around Atlanta that has it. There was a thread about it on the forums I'll see if I can dig it up.

The main thing is smooth clean cuts. What kind of tools will you be working with?

You can buy most everything you need (should you decide to do this) from Laird plastics in smyrna. They have a $100 minimum though...

johnny

Thanks for all of your help guys. I am just going to buy one pre built and save myself a headach.

Back