Adding new clown...

thedeper

Market
Reaction score
I really want to add another maroon clown to my Solana but I am afraid that they will bump heads with each other. Has anyone done this with any success or should I just sell my maroon and try and find 2 that are compatible?

He/she is only around 2 and a half or 3 inches so I could find a larger one then maybe that could cut down on the fighting since the established clown may not want to rumble with a larger one.

Let me know what you guys think, thanks.

I've gone through 3 baby maroons trying to find one my girl will get along with= I'm done.. No more bloodshed because she's a pain.. I'm hoping to sell/trade/get credit for a pair of black clowns asap..

HA thats funny because I was thinking of trading for the exact same thing. Did you ever try a larger maroon to see if that would maybe offset the territorial aggressiveness that your established maroon has or just always smaller ones?

Nope, only smaller ones.. heard they may "fall in line" better... Even rearranged when I brought them in.. Tried putting them in containers beside her.. everything..

If the one you have has been in the tank alone for a while then there is a good chance it is a female and you cannot put two females together. You have to make sure to get an un-sexed juvenile or a male and it is still tough to get an established female to accept it.

Here's a thread from when I introduced mine and how I did it. That's them in my avatar.
showthread.php

Back