Adding New Tangs

islandreef

Market
Reaction score
Ok need your assistance, want to add 2-3 more tangs to my 135. Currently there is a Sailfin tang in there, I had one other tang that just disappeared on me one day, I saw him eating fine and swimming around with no issue and then a day later I couldnt find him, found his body about 3-4 days later. At least the clean up crew did their job. Anyway, I have not lost any more fish since then and its been about 4 months since then. I am thinking of a Naso, Clown and Toniniensis Tang. I am thinking the aggression towards each will be minimal since theirs 3 of them. What are your thoughts on this? I know I cant just add one.

I think those tangs will quickly out grow that tank. May be fine for a while but as the grow you will have problems.

What are the dimmensions of your tank? Naso and clown tangs will get pretty big and will become more aggressive over. I would say the toniniensis might work, but because of the similar body shape as the sailfin, there may be some aggresion.

>

Here are the Dimesions. 72 x 18 x 24 Ok so what would you suggest.

It really depends on what you like. You are never going to get a consensus on tangs, but personally, I like Yellow Tangs, Hippo Tangs, Powder Blues, Powder Browns, Kole Tangs, Whitecheek Tangs, and Lieutenant Tangs. I think any of those would probably be ok in your tank.

If you're going to do tangs. Then get ones that do things ;) yellow tang = hair algae destroyer. naso tang = valona killer. ;) yellow eye kole tang = eats everything else that grows;)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back