Advanced Aquarist Breaking News

franciscosalazar

Market
Reaction score
USFWS Port of Los Angeles notifying aquarium trade not to import the 20 newly listed Threatened corals
a>

I wonder if frag shops got a spike in sales over the last couple hours.

Atlanta Reef Guy;985552 wrote: Gave that $10,400 up 3 days to soon.

I'd say it's more important now than ever to protect the thousands of acropora frags and colonies already in captivity. If one of the main threats is eliminated, we have a much better chance of having aquacultured acropora available to the hobbyist 5, 10, 20 years down the road.

AEFW was only recently discovered in the wild, but for some time we have been aware of them thriving in the aquarium coral trade. I may be missing your point here, but this news doesn't mean that it's now pointless to develop a method of eliminating a threat to a coral that's no longer available, it means that it matters more than ever to protect what we already have. If the main threats to these species are eliminated, the colonies already in captivity could sustain the demand in the hobby.

Atlanta Reef Guy;985568 wrote: Im sure I bought $600 2 weeks ago. Im ready for them to do what ever they want. I got My friends backs. Lol.

And wouldn't you now hope for a better understanding of and solution to protect what you've got from AEFW?

franciscosalazar;985559 wrote: Looking for an official link, saw the FB post but no update on the website yet...

Just caught this. Point remains!

Atlanta Reef Guy;985576 wrote: I was waiting for you to bark.

First off Regardless of if we can keep acros or not I do believe that AEFW need to be taken care of since its found on 7 out of 10 samples taken out of the wild.

But with that said. If this band and law goes in effect then you will not by law be able to have these in your tank at all. I was Joking more than anything. But i had a $50 bet that you would speak up within 30 mins. I won Thanks for not letting me down.

Oh yeah just like there's no more dendros in the aquarium trade huh. You know, because those actually are illegal to import, but you see them for sale all the time.

I'm glad you expected me to step up and say something about your poor comment in regards to the club's charitable donation. Too bad $50 won't buy you a better attitude.

You are entitled to your opinion. I wouldn't consider a charitable donation an investment, but then again, I wouldn't expect you to consider any actions made by the BOD to be a good move considering your other hobby is going around bad-mouthing the club.

Poor attitude in bold.

Atlanta Reef Guy;985576 wrote: I was waiting for you to bark.

First off Regardless of if we can keep acros or not I do believe that AEFW need to be taken care of since its found on 7 out of 10 samples taken out of the wild.

But with that said. If this band and law goes in effect then you will not by law be able to have these in your tank at all. I was Joking more than anything. But i had a $50 bet that you would speak up within 30 mins. I won Thanks for not letting me down.

Seems like you're trying pretty hard to instigate something? I'd hate to disappoint you, but you're not able to make me mad.

Some of my later comments in this thread were in poor taste, apologies.

Back