Advice and Suggestions Please. :)

It is listed on the forum of this group under announcements, but it is March 17. See the posting for directions and times etc :).

Thank you so much!

I have actually had a very kind offer from a member here to do just that. I am very grateful as this has been a bit stressful for me. I dont want to kill anything with my lack of knowledge. Also, I just dont have much space in my home for extra tanks and such while I go thru this transistion. One of my sons is in a wheel chair and we have to have room to manuver his chair in all the rooms. Plus a zillion toys everywhere from all the children. I caught my three year old trying to fish in the new 20L(its still empty but chould crack if banged) with her lego tow rope, the one with the hook on the end. Oi! I know it will all work out and be fine. I am excited about starting up another tank from scratch again though, with a different style and corals, so I'm focusing on that. :)
Wow! That's quite a lot you have going on! Glad you have the time to do some of what you like and enjoy with reefkeeping.
Have you thought about going up in size just a little? A small 30 gallon cube or maybe a 40 breeder is still small enough to keep the maintenance manageable but offers a bit more room.

Can anyone tell me when they having another coral swap because I miss the one in January?
Its next month. You can find the info in Announcements or on the calendar.

Wow! That's quite a lot you have going on! Glad you have the time to do some of what you like and enjoy with reefkeeping.
Have you thought about going up in size just a little? A small 30 gallon cube or maybe a 40 breeder is still small enough to keep the maintenance manageable but offers a bit more room.

Yes, my husband and I take in and adopt special needs children, so we are extremely busy just in our every day life. We are happy and content. I am blessed that my husband supports this hobby as he know how much I enjoy it and how stress relieving it is for all of us, to have tanks in the home.
We all spend time sitting by the tanks and watching the goings on inside.

I have considered going up in size. I just like the size of 20L and smaller for in my home. I have helped many of my friends with their tanks.... and friends start tanks, once they see mine. (and now they are fish tank addicts too) For salt tanks, I ususally start them out with 40 breeders. Small enough to easily stay on top of maintainance and large enough to keep very stable water parameters for beginners. So I do know the virsitility and vast area for landscaping in a 40 breeder. The largest salt tank I have ever had was a 29g with large raised DYI refugium on the back. (I am talking like 16 years ago or more) I had compact florecents and thought it was a big deal that I up graded to T5's! People were just starting to build their own LED lights and many people believed corals could not grow well long term under them. Boy, times have changed! Truely though, I have made several of my viewers on Youtube upset by saying I am taking this tank down and restarting it. It really is getting over grown for the space and I am ready to change things up in the tank. If I had sold the tank, (as a whole plug and play) as I had origionally tried, I was actually going to replace it with a 10 shelf tank, as they have always looked like a challange. But because it did not sell as a whole, I decided to keep the basic equipment and livestock and just replace the rocks, keep a few corals and frags from the old and start new in the same system. Or now in a new tank but with the same old equipment. As I needed a place to put the corals I want to sell until I sell them.

Once again, Thank you for all your encouargment and help!

Back