AI Sol THUDERSTRUCK!!!!!!

john_shay

Market
Reaction score
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X4oflmBWjTI&feature=youtu.be">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X4oflmBWjTI&feature=youtu.be</a>

Hopefully the video works and we can start a DIY discussion, just showing off mainly

Dude that is amazing. Saw a vid of a store that has a similar set up about a year ago. I have wanted to do that ever since. Man I would love to see that in person.

I'm surprised the fish have no reaction to the sound and light! I would think that would be instinct? My last dog was petrified of storms.

Yeah, my dog hates it... But she is getting used to it, it may even break her off her fear of storms, cause everyone gets excited when it happens,.

Rich, if you have the lights its about a 30 dollar build, I can share the plans if you are interested, the coolest part is that it is hooked up to a Photocell so when the lights dim for the random storms it automatically kicks on the tape player (cd won't work as you have to press play each time on most players) and the pump so it's totally independent and automated

I have LED but not the high dollar ones like you. LOL You are not far from me so one day when you are in the mood to show it off give me a shout. :) I love looking at peoples set ups and this is one on the top of the list. hehehehehehe

I will pm you my #, any time you are in Lawrenceville and want to stop by and have a beer and talk fish just give me a call or text. I'm always up for that

Larryville? LOL I saw Cumming and was thinking you were not far. But no big deal. If I am headed that way one of these days I will give you a shout.

Allen;824521 wrote: That is freaking awesome!

Edit: Ever thought about stepping it up a notch and adding a hurricane mode?

Build it and I'll bring the beer and pop-corn.

Lol, its already louder than the video seems, i think i will pass on the 90 mph winds :) how will we keep the popcorn in the bowl?

I have the AI VEGA's with the thunderstom effect that is kool. But your setup is amazing. I live in L'ville also and would love to stop by and check out your setup.

Allen;824526 wrote: Stand behind the leaf blower? Lol

That's cool, man. For the lights, did you buy one of those LED hoods that offer lighting modes?

Its just three ai solutions led setups and a controller

Edit:
WRXCRAZY03;824530 wrote: I have the AI VEGA's with the thunderstom effect that is kool. But your setup is amazing. I live in L'ville also and would love to stop by and check out your setup.

I always thought the thunder storm effects of ai were cool, but I just couldn't stop thinking "what good is lightning without rain and thunder" important at home all day, your welcome to give me a call or text 7708781510. And swing by

Edit: Autospell is really messing me up

BigAl07;825086 wrote: That's a great set-up!

I've been running "Lightning" for a few years now and wanted to incorporate Thunder & Rain into it. I have a friend who was able to do the thunder with a CD player on "Loop" (it was always ON) and the speakers were on the On/Off outlet. This allowed him to have some pretty amazing thunder claps and to change it up pretty easily. I wanted to take it a step further and use a small MP3 player module or something like that but haven't gotten around to it yet.

Once I get the "Thunder" working my next goal is rain. How are you doing the rain? It is a simple pump and manifold system?

My ultimate goal will be to have random storms with lightning, thunder and rain but also when my ATO kicks on have it trigger the storm and instead of feeding from a tank mounted pump, pump in from my ATO reservoir and "rain" into the display tank.

John you've inspired me to get back on this project again.... I can't decide whether to thank you or curse you LOL!

Great work and Thank You for sharing your work.
its just a maxijet 600 hooked up to black flex pipe (to prevent algae growth) in used about 6feet and coiled it behind the tank to help reduce flow, I zip tied the pump to my return inside the display and covered the intake with foam. I then connected the other end to a barb on 1 inch pvc and ramped it up to two inch, then drilled holes every inch or so. The key is low flow and a big pipe, if the pipe is allowed to fill all the way it will start spraying water instead of trickling. I will try to post some details pics at some point, for thunder in use an old boombox with a tape player, cause a cd player usually makes it so you have to press play when the power comes on

My wife would love this, because we are from central Florida (thunder alley) and she loves to sleep during thunderstorms.

My cat on the other hand, would go from loving to watch the fish, to hating it. He's a scaredy cat ;))

I'm sure the water sounds are soothing but I can't imagine dealing with all the salt creep that's going to come from the splash.

john_shay;824462 wrote: Yeah, my dog hates it... But she is getting used to it, it may even break her off her fear of storms, cause everyone gets excited when it happens,.

Rich, if you have the lights its about a 30 dollar build, I can share the plans if you are interested, the coolest part is that it is hooked up to a Photocell so when the lights dim for the random storms it automatically kicks on the tape player (cd won't work as you have to press play each time on most players) and the pump so it's totally independent and automated

Would you min sharing your plans. If it is not any trouble at all. Maybe a few pics to help explain. I get the pump/rain fall/ and thunderstorm playing on the tape player. But the photo cell to control it is what i need help with. Where tobuy it. What it looks like. How and what to hook it up to. THANKS amazing build!

Forgot all about this thread. And you are just down the road. I am going to crash your party one day some so I can see this set up.

Back