algae eater?

jaydm93teg

Market
Reaction score
ok you know in freshwater systems u can buy the "algae eater" or "sucker fish" i think they are called placos or something like that.

is there anything in comparison to that in a saltwater tank that really is an algae eater fish?

i have my yellow tang that eats algae and i know snails and hermits are a clean up crew but i was just wondering if there is anything in comparison to the freshwater algae eater?

also what kind of tang can i add to my 80 gallon system if i already have a yellow tang in there? (this tang question was in a thread but i forgot which thread cause it was a side bar conversation)

I would say that turbo snails are my sucker fish in the saltwater world.

I had a red cotton algae invasion, and 2 of those cleaned it up. My tank is 125.

Mexican Turbo snails are what's going to be closest to a
a>.  Lawnmower blennies are good, but don't quite scrub things the way plecos and turbos do.

A Sally crab is my algae eater... She does not let anything take hold in my tank!

see i think i have a sally crab......my g/f bought it soooo long ago and it was in my 29 gallon and it made the move with my LR to my 75 gallon and i saw it for the first time in forever the other day just hanging out on some rock

but i never see the sally out i mean NEVER maybe at night every now and then?

You sure you are not talking about an emerald crab?!? My sally is out all the time in my 55 gal, but then again it is hard to miss a crab in a 55gal that is about 4" across.

Brandon-evilcrab.jpg
alt="" />

jaydm93teg;189647 wrote: excellent thanks......these common at LFS's or something u normally have to order
Mexican Turbos are common. Sometimes stores run out, but they're definitely a regular item from week to week.

brandon i think your right i think it was an emerald......not that you said that it sounds more familiar than sally....it kind of does nothing.. haha i mean all it does is hide i guess clean up at night??

Does this thing bother any of your fish. I would think that at 4" is could do some damage to a smaller fish.

Xyzpdq0121;189690 wrote: You sure you are not talking about an emerald crab?!? My sally is out all the time in my 55 gal, but then again it is hard to miss a crab in a 55gal that is about 4" across.

Brandon-evilcrab.jpg
alt="" />

No, it has never bothered any of our fish. She just does her thing cleaning the tank all day long. She is one of our favorite inverts!:yes:

Back