Algae scrubber for large system

ptreef

Market
Reaction score
total water volume of roughly 320-350g, 9 large tangs plus a few other smaller fish so heavy feeding is a must. I’m looking into algae scrubbers for neutering export, but so far I’m seeing products at $400+, any other good options?

302 is what I was looking at. Looks nice but still wondering if it’s worth that much of an investment

I have never delt with there algae scrubbers but i have worked with custom sumps they made. They will build anything you can imagine and the workmanship is amazing. Customer service is great too.

A cheato reactor is also a good alternative. I just dont know how well it would work on a system that big. I have used them on smaller tanks (-100gal)  with a lot of success . Maybe someone with experience with a reactor on a large system will chime in

I don't know if this guy still sells the plans for this great ATS. I bought a set over a year ago from him for $5. One of our club members who at that time had access to a CNC router cut the parts out for me. Bought the lights off Ebay and the rest of the parts at McMaster Carr. The plans tell you where to purchase each part.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=39&v=UOSI5WhlNAA

U can diy one easily. Very easy to make + cheaper + bigger to fit your needs

feel free to text me 470-294-9055

Back