All those 5-gal buckets -- what's a guy to do

geno

Market
Reaction score
Many of you have been at this hobby for a long time -- I've only been at it for a year and the 5-gal SW buckets are piling up fast. Sure I can use a few for other things -- but really -- there's a limit.

Would a LFS want them -- just seems a waste not to find some good use for them.

-gene

Just put *Free 5g Buckets* in the For Sale Forum -- they'll be gone in a flash.

I use the Reef Crystals in a box and refill my bucket so I could actually use a few as well if anyone is looking to clean up a bit.

Anyone on the North side wants to get rid of them, please let me know. I'll pick up. Can neveer have enough buckets. :)

I have only accumulated 2 SW buckets, but I'll be happy at like 4. than the rest will get donated to a LFS near by.

It's feast or famine with buckets here - we use them to send large specimens home etc. Every now and then somebody donates a few... then we "donate" them out again to customers - eco-friendly - re-use, recycle!

Jenn

JennM;329303 wrote: It's feast or famine with buckets here - we use them to send large specimens home etc. Every now and then somebody donates a few... then we "donate" them out again to customers - eco-friendly - re-use, recycle!

Jenn
Thats what I was thinking, I'd rather get lr sent home in a bucket than a bunch of plastic bags. so I'm sure lfs's will always have a need for them in some way.

See if your LFS will give you credit on them. Also, switch to boxed salt and you're no longer paying for the bucket.

If you're space limited for a garden in your yard, drill a couple holes in the bottom, fill em with potting soil and throw a tomato plant in em and toss it on your patio/deck. Just gotta keep em watered in this drought... with RODI waste maybe? :)

DannyBradley;329307 wrote: See if your LFS will give you credit on them. Also, switch to boxed salt and you're no longer paying for the bucket.

Speaking for myself, we don't charge for a bucket, so we don't "pay" either... but I can't speak for anyone else.

Jenn

JennM;329311 wrote: Speaking for myself, we don't charge for a bucket, so we don't "pay" either... but I can't speak for anyone else.

Jenn

Do you sell bagged salt? Does Seachem come in a bag?

Seachem comes in 50-gallon bags - none in right now (but your buckets are in - I have 2 earmarked for those totally out but I still have about 7 or so that are available to those who participated in the buy).

I carry Kent, IO and Reef Crystals too in bags. Oh and Oceanic in 5 & 25g comes in bags.
Jenn

we can also come up with empty 5gal buckets for pickup on west side, just let us know how many you need, and how soon you need/want them.

Back