Always check your fiktersick before you wash it...

jrhunter0000;976585 wrote: Yea i had a 6 line his hangout was the overflow boxes i had no choice to add a strainer to the ends of my pipes

Just had to grab my sixline out of the overflow today.
Actually just pulled the drain and grabbed him from the sock, but yeah...

tonymission;976589 wrote: Just had to grab my sixline out of the overflow today.
Actually just pulled the drain and grabbed him from the sock, but yeah...
Had to do the same with mine they can be a pain to get out.

jrhunter0000;976481 wrote: Yea google they make slip ones as well. only downside is you have to keep them clean or they will restrict flow and overflow.

Yikes, keep them clean is a huge understatement. The very addition of this on the return of an overflowed already restricts the capacity of the overflow. With that possibility causing an overflow already, any and I mean any additional blockage like bubble algae, algae in general detritus buildup etc cetra and you have major issues!!!

Those strainers if used at all are typically placed before the return pump. Meant to keep out wandering snails, crabs or other large particals that could cause damage to the return.

Me too. I have my overflows cover and the little buggers still work their way in there somehow. Can't keep them in the DT. That's why I got the CBB and now I let the peppermints live in the refugium

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

As for washing filter socks, I use peroxide and water in the washer. Clean water rinse and put them outside in the sun to dry. No ill effects to date.

Back