andregarcia_73 - Here's that Batfish.

Filtration specs:

We have a CCR-818 reactor in the attic along with the chiller. It has a custom MR-4R being recirculated by I believe two Blueline 70s. For phosphate control, and this tank needs it with the way it gets fed, it has a FMC-422 where I run about 4 cups of GFO. I also run carbon at all times in the sump to combat yellow water, which really shows up under the 10kK bulbs. I may convert a section of the sump to a refugium, but the NO3 really hasn't warranted it, but my client may get a kick out of it. There's also a 1000watt heater which really doesn't ever turn on.

We built a ~60gallon tank into the stand for water changes. I mix it in there, throw two valves which switches the system pump from drawing from the sump to drawing from the water change tank. The sump level rises and overflows down a 1.5" drain.

For flow, we have two Tunze 6201s alternating on a controller at either end of the tank that just blast water down to the center. They actually move enough to push the current around the corner and move coral about halfway down the other side.

Before we added the halides, we had to get our client to rewire to get enough power up there.

Back