Anemone Carnage / Evil Clownfish

scramer74

Market
Reaction score
So for those of you who question whether or not clownfish can kill and eat an Anemone, they can!!

My 2 clowns ( who have been re-homed, because they have killed a Goby, ripped a leg off my star fish and God knows what else ) the male in particular pulled and ripped off the tentacles of my beautiful bubble tip, long story short, it died.

I've had to totally remove all my rock, did a huge water change, vacuumed my sand bed, but I still have dead particles of Anemone hanging off of some of my coral and floating around. I know the skimmer should get most of the particles? I have NO fish in the tank right now.

Any suggestions, tips or advice related to this topic would be greatly appreciated!
<sigh>

Keep doing what you're doing is my advice, and yeah, some clowns are evil. What kind of clown was it?

Thanks Ben! They were just ocellaris clowns. I only have a 20gal so I'm thinking maybe they were to big for my tank. They were a decent size. grrr! They were really pretty and healthy. Got them from SEA. No more fish for a while.

That is decidedly bad. Bummer. My RBTA looks like it might be splitting soon...if you're interested in another one I'll let you know and give you a deal on it. Hope you get everything back to normal soon.

Thanks Christopher! I'm going to lay low on the fish and anything new for a bit. Hopefully all my soft corals will make it through being knocked around and moved 100 times.

Back