Anemone Problem

soxx

Market
Reaction score
Anyone have an idea why a perfectly healthy anemone would lose a few of its tentacles on one Edge? The Rest of the anemone looks nice and healthy. I do have 2 mated clowns hosting in it.
The anemone is about 5 inches across when fully opened. It is under a Reefbreeder Nova A4 LED fixture in a 60 gallon cube. The anemone is planted in live rock about half way up.
Thanks for the help

clowns sometimes rip the tentacles off also could be a lack of flow or another fish might be harassing the clowns or anemone. doesn't take much to tear tentacles off an anemone.could also be starving

Bcavalli;1118216 wrote: Do you have any pics? Could it have possibly split?

My first thought! Look closer around in your tank for a 2nd one. It's usually not as big as the one that still in the same place and often you don't even recognize that it's smaller when they split.

Thanks for all your input. I could only hope that it has split. I have looked and see no new daughter split. I ll keep looking. It is a beautiful mint green. Very healthy. It s fed a brine shrimp cube once a week. I don t know how to post pics other than a text to someone's cell. Thanks again for your help. Hope there is nothing bad wrong. Had it for about 4 months.

A photo would definitely be helpful here.

I've seen clowns bite off the occasional tentacle but usually it doesn't leave a visible mark or scar.

Jenn

Soxx;1118247 wrote: Thanks for all your input. I could only hope that it has split. I have looked and see no new daughter split. I ll keep looking. It is a beautiful mint green. Very healthy. It s fed a brine shrimp cube once a week. I don t know how to post pics other than a text to someone's cell. Thanks again for your help. Hope there is nothing bad wrong. Had it for about 4 months.

To post a pic open a free Photobucket storage account.
Download your pic to photo bucket then save it direct, come back to your post and click the photo icon (yellow square box on top) back out the http: then past your photo (from photo bucket). Preview post, it's there.you can do multiples easier that way too.
There's probably an easier way but that's the way I do it.

I saw pix (email). Looks a bit bleachy but otherwise OK. I asked if there was anything nearby that might sting but didn't get a reply. Could also be that clowns are 'cleaning' adjacent and biting off tentacles on the side where they are cleaning.

Jenn

Back