Anemone Question...

thedeper

Market
Reaction score
Ok...my RBTA has been doing this for going on 2 weeks now. It will not open or expand when my halides are on, and will only come out at night. It has lost a lot of its original color (been gone for a good 2 weeks I'd say) but hasn't turned white at all, just paler than what it was. It wont accept food (krill) but is still firmly attached to the rock.

Does anyone know what is causing this kind of behavior, why has it turned pale, and why will it not come out to the light to essentially live?

No idea why it would shun light unless something is picking on it during the day...

I would feed it whenever possible though. Krill is often rejected by RBTAs as its cooked and has a shell. Try something soft bodied like squid.

Could I just use squid from the local fish store or does it need to be anything special?
Only thing that I have in the tank right now are a:

Maroon Clown
Lawnmower Blenny
Skunk Cleaner Shrimp
Green Chromis
Emerald Crab
Various hermits/snails

It may just be adjusting to your light. What was it under when you got it?
Squid is always good, silversides, even carnivore pellets later on.

That is the thing, I have had it for maybe 2 1/2 months now. It just decided to take a turn for the worse. Oh yeah, as far as all the other signs it does not seem "angry". It has been in the same spot for the majority of the time and has not dislodged from the rock.

Peeled raw table shrimp will work as well.

Check your parameters. Nems need proper water balance to be happy. For example when Ca is low they can't move their "muscles".

Back