Anemone reproduction?

jordanbevis

Market
Reaction score
So, caught this on video, but not sure How to upload the video. Here’s pictures. Small white things (I assume eggs?) were coming out of the mouth of the anemone. So many!!! Then the water hit really cloudy. It was all pretty much gone the next day.
61d3dee09e309bd0d7f66e88c496a4c6.jpg
8bc46156131a76388ae84204c3eb4896.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

WOW. That's awesome. Nems can reproduce in this manner but in 15 years in this hobby and having nems the entire time I've never seen this happen... Very cool.

Certainly appears to be a spawning event. Looks like you've got a female LTA. I've only ever seen a clam do anything like that. Keep an eye on your level because when clams do it, there's a lot of organic material put into the system. Thanks for the videos too!

Okay I know it’s highly unlikely.. but is this a baby nem on the back of my scrubber..? I thought it was a feather duster but it’s too flowy and doesn’t shrink up with sudden movement. If it’s something else’s that I need to get out now let me know ASAP. Thanks.
0c8c72889c3108b413b98636f42c0d1b.jpg
IMG_9022.jpg

I really, really wish that it was, seriously. After the issue you had with your 10g tank, a baby anemone would be a nice surprise. However, what you see on the back of the algae scrubber looks to be a pineapple sponge. Kinda cool and a beneficial filter feeder but not a baby nem unfortunately.

I really, really wish that it was, seriously. After the issue you had with your 10g tank, a baby anemone would be a nice surprise. However, what you see on the back of the algae scrubber looks to be a pineapple sponge. Kinda cool and a beneficial filter feeder but not a baby nem unfortunately.

Man! That would’ve been awesome, but a pineapple sponge is nice too. I like the look of them.

Back