Anenomes

grouper

Market
Reaction score
What type of trace elements are needed for RBTAs? I know one is iodine. How much iodine? What is a brand of iodine to use?:eek:

Is iodine really that important for nems? Never heard that. Good water quality, established tank, appropriate lighting and a stable temp is all you need.

You don't need to dose anything to keep them healthy. You don't even need to really feed them...

What salt are you using? Almost all salts (maybe all) have all the trace elements the average person needs with the few exceptions such as calcium.

Actually let me put that in other words: I wouldn't dose any elements</em> except for calcium, and magnesium if I was sure I needed it. More than likely, the only people that need to dose specific elements are people that have very heavily stocked/mature tanks, and/or people that are very familiar with their reef chemestry.

So, I would agree with MvM and Steve.

I have several RBTA and they are doing good. However, one has not been doing good for some time. I'm unable to get it out of the tank because it is located behind some rocks and it's at the bottom of the tank. Breaking down the tank to get it out is not an option. The BTA is supposed to be green. But its a dirting white. All of the water params are good. I'm using T5 lighting. I just changed the bulbs about 3 months ago. I'm also using oceanic salt. I do a water change every 2 weeks. About 30 gallons. It's a 90 gallon tank , 30 gallon sump and a 20 gallon refuge. I'm trying to figure out what could be wrong with the BTA. Thanks.

Back