Another new guy from cumming

90gDreams

Supporting
Reaction score
Started a reef in 2006ish and had a 20 that oddly turned into a 90g over the course of about 5 years during and shortly after college. Took it along through a few moves around atlanta then florida but had a cross country one hit so it was time to tear it down for a while. Got married and we have two little ones moved back to Atlanta and decided it's time to set it up again.

Broke out my old fishneedit pendants with lumatek ballasts. Decided that 2x250w light spillage isn't as fun as it was when I was younger so we are building a canopy now.

Ran the lines in the crawlspace to hook up a AWC system to avoid the fond memories of arguments from leaving 20gallon totes of saltwater in front of the tank all the time.

Tested out my old koralia K4s and they wouldn't run worth a dang so got a couple newer koralias for now. Old return pump seems to work alright.

Hooked up the RODI under the sink and filled some. Will be doing a water change to clear some of the dry rock dust then filling it back up and hoping to have saltwater in it this weekend.

Glad to have you! I wish I could have the ability to do AWC.

So is your next tank going to be the 90g?

Yep dragged it along with a 20gL sump and misc. equipment all over Texas and back to Atlanta. When we came back I unboxed it. Our oldest has been asking when we were putting fish in for a couple years now. He is pretty excited to see water in it finally.

Welcome fellow cumming member, let me know if you need any help with the canopy

Welcome back to the hobby and to Atlanta. Cumming, Milton, Alpharetta has a pretty good group of reefers.

Welcome, I’m in Cumming as well. I’ve just started in this hobby, so I only have FOWLR right now. Hoping to add frags soon.

Back