Another Top off question...help soon pls!!

Just rinse it real good,
the prefilter 'should' take care of all harmful nitrates and the stuff that produce them.
It's actually also a protection for the pump so it doesn't suck in any larger pieces.

Robb

yeah so i took it out and cleaned it real well and sure enough the water is flowing perfectly now and making it thought to the return section. Today im gonna see about removing it completely and checking out the microbubble thing.

Yeah but Jorge is lazy! Dude, just take it out. Face your retuen away from where the water comes into the chamber....cut a cheap tupperware container with a hole a little bit bigger than the elbow you have on the inport of the return and stick it into the container (which will be face down on the bottom of the sump) put a rock on top of it to hold it in place and that should hold back bubbles getting there and larger items getting into the pump. I have that done and it works great for me.....plus I can put fish in there and not have to worry about them getting chopped up. I'll take a pic if you want so you can see what I'm talking about.

mysterybox;300010 wrote: just clean the foam 2 x's per week & you should be fine.

lol, thanks but lee cleared that up. yeah....im super lazy....2x week is way too much...lol.

lee that idea sounds pretty smart but yeah if you dont mind snap me a pic. The other thing i suggested was to just throw some rubble rock where the foam is supposed to go and that I think would help as well. plus give me a little pod hangout.

good to know barb....lazy people can make it in this hobby :yay:

Yeah man I'll get a pic tonight when I get home and post it. The rock is a good idea, however you'll need to make sure it's not blocking the area either or you'll be in the same spot again like you were with the sponge.

yeah i figure since the rock will have a lot more "holes" that wont be a problem.....the sponge that's in there is really thick so I can see why it would clog so easily.

Back