Another Unknown

gclackum

Supporting
Reaction score
This has been in my tank for a while, but today I noticed it moving in the current. It seems to have tiny protrusions all over it. Any Idea what it is?
<fieldset class="gc-fieldset">
<legend> Attached files </legend>
16678=1117-PICT0033.JPG_Thumbnail1.jpg
>
16678=1117-PICT0033.JPG_Thumbnail1.jpg
class="gc-images" title="PICT0033.JPG_Thumbnail1.jpg[/IMG] style="max-width:300px" /></a>
16678=1118-PICT0034.JPG_Thumbnail1.jpg
>
16678=1118-PICT0034.JPG_Thumbnail1.jpg
class="gc-images" title="PICT0034.JPG_Thumbnail1.jpg[/IMG] style="max-width:300px" /></a> </fieldset>

Hard to say. I have tiny pocillopora frags all over my tank from when mine spawned or something. They look very similar. Have you had a pocillopora in your tank? If not, then probably a sponge.

I would say a hard coral frag or a sponge. I have one in my tank as well but its tiny. Its hard to say with just a pic. Is it hard?

Id say it looks like a coral to me as well... give it some time and see what it turns into!

Ok I took another look at it today. It does appear to be hard until the lights get on it. It seems to swell slightly and get a little hairy.

Definately sounds like some coral. Good luck and keep us posted on its growth

I had an unknown that grew from nothing... mine's currently a neon plate coral that's about 3/4 of an inch big.

That is cool. The only thing I had grow from an unknown was a rock full of zoanthids

Back