Any Plumbers? Wet room recommendations.

greenhut

Market
Reaction score
Aside from looking for advice on my wet room, I am also looking for a plumber to install a utility sink in the room. Any members or recommendations? The tank/wet room is up an running, but I am looking to re-do the wet-room, and looking for advice/recoemmendations.

On the wet room... I have remote plumbed my wet room in my basement; about 40' horizontally from the tank. Two hard PVC 2" drains and two spaflex 1.25" returns run between the tank and wet room. Only one return line is used now since the drains couldnt keep up with 2 of the Sequence Reeflo Wahoo pumps running.

On one of the 2" drains is a Y which provides water to a fuge/frag tank. The fuge/frag tank is a 50G rubbermaid stock tank. It sits about 4.5' in the air on 4 cinderblock columns. It then drains into a 100G rubbermaid sump.

The tank is a 150 mixed reef. 3x250 14k HQI, 8x39W T5 actinics, 2x seaswirl, mix of small tunzes and a Koralia 4 for flow. I'm using an Aquacontroller 3 (love it!), SWC MSX250 skimmer, MRC calcium reactor, JBJ ATO.

I have 2 55 Gal drums for fresh/saltwater. In installing the sink, and moving my RODI unit into the fish room, I'd like to better integrate/automate water introduction and removal. Any suggestions?

thanks,
jeff

Jeff if you want a professional plumber to do it try calling Jerry adams. He helped me with my fish room and did our entire basement. Great guy and very reasonable.

Jerry Adams Plumbing
(770) 995-1280

He lives in Lawrenceville so in our neck of the woods!

Keith

I am having quotes down on renovating my basement. I'll touch base with Jerry as well. Would you have another referral for framing/drywall work?

I do :)

Moses Coria Drywall. I'll try and find his number somewhere. He's done my fishroom in the basement, and is starting the basement in the next few weeks. VERY VERY Reasonable. About half what others wanted and good work too :)

What?? Something wrong with him? PM me and let me know, I don't want someone to screw up my basement...

Exactly, we're trying to do our part. haha Thanks for the referral!

Once the Fed cuts the rate again in the next few weeks it will be a re-fi tornado and home improvement will spike I bet.

"You mean I can re-fi, roll my closing costs in, take money out, and have the same payment? woohoo" Sad.....sigh.

NO because mortgage rates have nothing to do with the discount rate. Tey are based on the ten year note which right now has another 1/4 point priced in! If they do more or less you might see a minor blip in rates but not significant.

People also historically will not cash out refi in a bad economy! It's actually the one time people have some sense and get conservative.

So you believe that a lending institutions ability to obtain $ at a lower % rate has nothing to do with the rate at which they lend $ to consumers? interesting.

I can't get into it deep right now but it has to do with duration of funds and matching your long term assets with your long term liabiiities and short term assets with short term liabilities. They do not lend money for 30 year home loans based on the short term interest rates though. There was a time a few years ago when short term rates were hovering near 7% and the 10 year note was ~5.5% (inverted yield curve and strong bad sign of a recession). Mortgages were in the 7% range. Last year short term rates were ~4.5% and long term note was 5.5%. Mortgages were in the high 6s. Not much different at all even though the discount rate was significantly different.

The short term rate definitly effects things like construction loans, CDs, savings rates, etc because they are long term but there is not a direct link with mortgages.

Back