any thoughts on this water filter

krb

Market
Reaction score
hey all,
Does anyone have any knowledge and / or experience with this water filter. http://www.poly-bio-marine.com/koldproduct1.htm">http://www.poly-bio-marine.com/koldproduct1.htm</a> I am thinking about purchasing one but would like any real world information I can get.

Thanks
Kirk

I would look for something with a DOW 75gpd Membrane.You can find one at the filterguys.com, airwaterice.com,or spectrapure.com.there may be several others but ive heard all good things from these.I recently purchased a typhoon from air,water & ice and it is a well built unit.

i think i read it correctly but the poly bio system produces clean water at a rate of 3.8 Gpm for approx. 5000 gallons and produces 0% waste water. These features are what attracted me to this system - no need for a holding tank

Looking at the website literature, it doesn't appear to be a reverse osmosis unit- just a triple filtration unit. While that might be okay for freshwater I'm not sure it'd be adequate for reefkeeping. What does anyone else think?

I recently got a Typhoon 3 from Airwaterice and I am extremely pleased. I get 0 TDS water each time. It came with everything that I needed to plug and play including the TDS meter. FYI my tap water tds is 52.

Kold Steril has been around for a long time... there's alot of information with using these filters with the reef system. I'll try to do some digging today and see if I can find some of the pages Ive been to in the past.
I'll update more later...

KRB wrote: i think i read it correctly but the poly bio system produces clean water at a rate of 3.8 Gpm for approx. 5000 gallons and produces 0% waste water. These features are what attracted me to this system - no need for a holding tank

you will need a holding tank of some sort anyways to make up saltwater for water changes.But 0% waste water is very appealing,but im sure you would need to change out filters more often.Let me know if you get this i would love to know how it works.Ill rent it from you when i go to fill up my 500 gallon:)

Order a filter from the Filter guys. They are a sponser of the ATL reef club and will help you out in any way in making you decision. They even give a discount for club members. I have had mine for a while now and can't live without it. I use if for my salt and freshwater tanks!!

well, i did some more research on the unit. It seems that the performance of the device is excellent given that you don't have certain water source problems. the unit doesn't do well with certain source water. Also, it does not remove phosphates or silica. Does anyone know how "good" the gwinnett county water supply is?

Back