Anybody else catch stray electrical currents while reefing with no shoes on

rdnelson99;989002 wrote: Actually, in the chemistry classes I took they were called orbits. But now days people think you are talking about travelocity's competitor when you use that term. Hehehehehe

Or gum to clean your dirty mouth! Seriously though you are dead right about the cost of copper vs aluminum wire. A while back power was run to a 50 amp breaker in my 10'x20' shop where I make knives. We used aluminum for the underground run due to the copper being nearly 3x as much. The aluminum was nearly twice as thick though.

Rhyerob;988748 wrote: Just kinda curious if I have an issue. See title. Only happens when bare feet are on concrete in my pump room

So is the moral to this story "don't be a barefoot reefer"?

Ringo®;989143 wrote: Let's see some.

Low on stock right now. Here is one I still have. 440c stainless "leaf" blade w/ black micarta handles, stainless bolsters and pins, bead blasted finish and boar leather sheath. Bear with me, i've never posted pics in a forum before and it seems to only be allowing me one at a time.
<fieldset class="gc-fieldset">
<legend> Attached files </legend>
989800=56651-image.jpg
>
989800=56651-image.jpg
class="gc-images" title="image.jpg[/IMG] style="max-width:300px" /></a> </fieldset>

I use this knife as my go to sheath knife for personal use. O1 high carbon tool steel blade vinegar etched to make it dark/dull grey, copper pins, stabilized ebony wood handle, and cow leather sheath. This one has my maker's mark etched on blade. It is a celtic cross (my family is Irish) with Simmons across the middle.

I use this knife as my go to sheath knife for personal use. O1 high carbon tool steel blade vinegar etched to make it dark/dull grey, copper pins, stabilized ebony wood handle, and cow leather sheath. This one has my maker's mark etched on blade. It is a celtic cross (my family is Irish) with Simmons across the middle.

I hope the OP doesn't mind these off topic posts. If so, just let me know and I will remove them.
989803=56653-image.jpg
>
989803=56653-image.jpg
class="gc-images" title="image.jpg[/IMG] style="max-width:300px" /></a> </fieldset>

2 knives heated treated and just about ready for handles. The dull one is an "urban bowie" that is 440c stainless with a bead blasted finish. The other is a "tactical" double edged blade. Also 440c that will be bead blasted. I heat treat all my stainless blades in a heat treating oven to Rockwell 58-59 hardness. I use a forge and differentially harden all my carbon steel blades
989807=56654-image.jpg
>
989807=56654-image.jpg

A few more ready for handles. The dull gray is bead blasted 440c and the other 2 are hand rubbed O1 steel
989809=56655-image.jpg
>
989809=56655-image.jpg

This a gift for a friend. He designed it to look "aggressive". Nearly finished. 440c bead blasted finish with brass bolsters and pins, and a green micarta handle.
989812=56656-image.jpg
>
989812=56656-image.jpg

One of my first knives from years ago that I made as a gift for my knife loving grandmother. O1 carbon hand rubbed and vinegar etched blade with stainless bolsters and pins, dyed and stabilized giraffe bone handle, and black leather sheath. Got it back when she passed a couple years ago.
989815=56657-image.jpg
>
989815=56657-image.jpg

Last one....frosted stainless blade with rubbed stainless bolsters and pins and a stabilized redwood burl handle. Made it for sale at a knife show but my dad bought it before I got it there.
989816=56658-image.jpg
>
989816=56658-image.jpg

Those are super nice. Ever sell them or do they go in the personal collection?

I sell most of them. A few have been gifts for family and close friends. I only keep a few to use or ones that have significance to me.

Ringo[emoji768 wrote: ;989854]Those are super nice. Ever sell them or do they go in the personal collection?

Didn't the guy in the white coat say you couldn't have sharp objects???

rdnelson99;989885 wrote: Didn't the guy in the white coat say you couldn't have sharp objects???

After I showed him my gun collection....He said I can do whatever I feel like.

Back