Anybody in middle GA able to drill tanks?

mapleredta

Market
Reaction score
Picked up a 125 last night, Its not reef ready so i was wondering if anybody in middle GA can drill tanks. I know chrisjet can but thats a little to far than id rather travel just to get it drilled. Is there anyway to tell what company built the tank? i didnt have time to look for any logos on the tank.

I had AAA Glass on First St. in Warner Robins drill a tank for me. It was costly though, $25 a hole, I had three drilled. They did an alright job with it but they did not use a hole saw. It wasn't a perfect cirlce or size, but the bulkheads I installed have never leaked. I'm not sure of anyone else.

The tank logo is usually on the front corners or around the inside of the rim. You have to be careful about drilling a tank, if you want to drill the bottom for instance. These are usually tempered glass and will shatter the moment the drill touches the glass. If the bottom is tempered you can always drill te tank in the back panel, here again if it is not tempered. Most rear glass is not however. Easy way to determine if the bottom pane of glass is tempered is to look at it with a pair of "Polarized" sunglasses. If you can see "wavy or rippled lines, like the rear glass in your auto, then it is tempered.

Hope this helps!

Back