Anybody keep herps?

All good fun and yes sorry for turning it into comedy feast.
A little more on the topic, I spent about 2 weeks doing research on starting up a dart frog terrarium, DIY all the way, with the mister and the live plants and the little river like stream running through it, but that project go set aside, I would still like to do it but my plans are never simple.
Might have to part with some corals o get that project of the ground.

MYREEFCLUB0070;1054801 wrote: All good fun and yes sorry for turning it into comedy feast.
A little more on the topic, I spent about 2 weeks doing research on starting up a dart frog terrarium, DIY all the way, with the mister and the live plants and the little river like stream running through it, but that project go set aside, I would still like to do it but my plans are never simple.
Might have to part with some corals o get that project of the ground.
That's pretty much what I want too. What size tank were you going to use? Were you thinking about drilling it and running a sump? I've thought a canister filter might work well but a sump allows for an ato.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

let's continue this a little more.
so I decided to get the ball rolling for the poison dart frog tank and picked up a exo terra 24x18x24 habitat on Wednesday brand new from one of our sponsor that just started to stock josh's frogs full line, which is awesome.
I got started on the planning and build but it might take some time.
I have a channel similar to what looks like an over flow but also open on the bottom for all my pump wires, drain tube, fogger and waterfall tubing to pass, I also put in a baffle wall for a little pond at the front of the tank which would keep the water away from the false bottom.
I might do a build thread on it in the fw forum.

I live in an apartment complex, a guy in one of the units has an American alligator. :eek:.Will try to get a pic before puts it in the lake. LOL. J/K, I hope.:eek:

Fishlips;1056954 wrote: I live in an apartment complex, a guy in one of the units has an American alligator. :eek:.Will try to get a pic before puts it in the lake. LOL. J/K, I hope.:eek:

if he does please let me know which lake so I can avoid.....lake placid all over again!:shout:

MYREEFCLUB0070;1056952 wrote: let's continue this a little more.
so I decided to get the ball rolling for the poison dart frog tank and picked up a exo terra 24x18x24 habitat on Wednesday brand new from one of our sponsor that just started to stock josh's frogs full line, which is awesome.
I got started on the planning and build but it might take some time.
I have a channel similar to what looks like an over flow but also open on the bottom for all my pump wires, drain tube, fogger and waterfall tubing to pass, I also put in a baffle wall for a little pond at the front of the tank which would keep the water away from the false bottom.
I might do a build thread on it in the fw forum.
I'd definitely love to see what you do. We are getting ready to move and a frog tank is likely the first thing I'm going to set up followed by a 90-120ish reef.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

here is the build thread I just started ........
showthread.php

Back