Anyone else's power out?

Jikkermanccini

Supporting
Contest Committee
Reaction score
Huge power outage in Cherokee right now, tanks have only been offline for a few minutes but my batteries are pretty bad so hopefully it won't last long... Anyone else have their power out? What are some protocols y'all use to deal with outages so I can be better prepared in the future?
Hoping I don't have to pull out the generator haha.

I have a Honda EU2200 generator that’s for my tanks and refrigerator incase I have a power outage. I’ve also been thinking about getting a Ecoflow River 2 Pro since they are having a sell right now. Had it in my cart the other night but just haven’t pulled the trigger yet.

We are in Cherokee, experienced a few bumps, but are near a substation and didn’t lose power. The UPS backups on the network didn’t even beep.

That said, I converted to all DC Varios pumps and Vortech power heads. All of them have a relay operated direct battery backup, with 36-48 hour run capacity. By running DC directly from batteries, you avoid the losses inherent with AC motors and backup power supplies. Resulting in much longer run times.

There are, however, still 3 AC UPS backups. One for the Apex, which doesn’t draw that much current. Another couple for the modem/router & other network devices, which technically aren’t even reef devices. Though they do maintain WiFi connectivity for the Apex. Surprisingly, the internet connection rarely goes out, even when our power does.

Living in a subdivision close to the substation helps, as mentioned. I noticed there were service trucks there after that front rumbled through.

I’ve lived in Metro atlanta for over 20Yrs and I never had power outage that was so severe that killed my tank.

Thinking back, I’m not sure if I heard many of these horrible stories from reefers locally either.

knock on Wood -.-

I have ups power plug that has one of my eb8 that has return and one gyre in case of power outage.

I do have direct separate battery system 100ah that I can link my mp10’s and many more that I bought from a reefer that I Havnt connected to my system yet as well like @ichthyoid.

Back