WOW its cold out there! Any power losses yet?

Yeah, Glad you got it back on. I was gonna recommend a bolt cutter or a cutoff wheel on a grinder.

No power issues... yet?
But I woke up to the discharge pump getting locked up in my waste container While making water... figure somewhere around 50-75 gallons on the floor. sigh. 😖
View attachment 69456
wow that stinks! need to get you an alarm setup on that..

Still no power outages at my house but the drain line I have for the AWC froze up. I didnt think about killing the AWC during this freeze. No big deal though since the drain lines are connected to the utility sink it just filled up the sink a few inches before I stopped all water changes.

I lost power for alittle while. Christmas day watermain line in my street busts. Then after the city fixed it my water line in my house busted. Still christmas was great. But just Like DAMN.

Last edited:
I know I'm digging in the archives here unearthing an old post.

Now is a good time to give your generator a good once over. Change the oil, drain and replace all of the gas (in your cans too), pull the spark plug check and replace if needed.

Every October I dump all of my gas into my trucks tank and refill the generator, my cans and add stabilizer. After doing all of the above I start the generator and put it on a load then turn the fuel off and let it die. That way the bulb is empty and that will help the inside of it from corrosion. That is good practice for all engines that aren't going to be run over the winter.

Be prepared everyone :cool:

Back