Anyone in Warner Robins area?

jrhunter0000

Market
Reaction score
just moved here dont know many reefers. been dealing with a noisy overflows and was wondering if anyone around here know alot about them and could help!

Hookedonsalt lives there, I got stuff from him and had to drive down to that area or you can use the members map to find the closest fella to you

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk

Yup, right down the road from you. Attempted to help quiet the 1 loud overflow

I'm a little south of you. As a matter of fact I'm the most southern of all the members. I'm in leesburg ga. What type of overflow do you have? Bean, herbie??

It's a piece of pvs pipe sticking straight up with a couple holes a few inches from the top, then it has some kind of sliding shield type thing that goes up or down the whole pipe. I figured putting a ball valve on the return and dialing it back some would help quite it down some but it didn't help any.

Get a drill and drill a small hole on the side opposite the tubing that sticks inside the joint. Use progressively bigger bits until it goes away.

+1 jb! You arent getting enough air in your drain and it gurgles and flushes. Play a little with the amount of water coming over the weir, and adjust you pipe up a little. I found having about an 1/2" to an 1" drop in water from the main tank to the overflow is the quietest. The top of the pipe should just near the rim of the tank.

Yup, its the drain, not return..

I helped mine a lot by putting a valve on the end of my drain and adjusting how much drains...

BUT always have emergency "extra" drains if u start restrictions the "main" drain flow!!!!

Coral's sensei!

i got it semi quiet it has something to do with the sheilds that are around the holes. dunno why they are there from previous owner but im prolly gonna remake them

Install a herbie drain and it will be silent. It's not hard at all if you already have 2 holes in the overflow

Mikesmith34;958594 wrote: Install a herbie drain and it will be silent. It's not hard at all if you already have 2 holes in the overflow

i have one hole 2 different over flows one hole each going to the bottom.

Welcome to the forum. There are a few of us in the area. I'm not an expert in overflow issues, but it sounds like you have some sound advice above.

i would take pics but my phone suck i have a obama phone atm. If anyone is by this way and has knowdlege i might pay gas for you to come look at it its quiet i turned the flow down and seems to be quiet but still gurggles here and there.

Just drill a few more holes at the top of the pipe to allow more air into your drain pipe. Start with 1/8" and work your way up testing each size. Takes all of ten mins.

Bcavalli;958787 wrote: Just drill a few more holes at the top of the pipe to allow more air into your drain pipe. Start with 1/8" and work your way up testing each size. Takes all of ten mins.
I already have around 10 holes i think its a flow issue been playing with my plumbing intake and ball valves. i had them open full blast no i reduced them seems to be helping a ton.

jrhunter0000;958779 wrote: i would take pics but my phone suck i have a obama phone atm. If anyone is by this way and has knowdlege i might pay gas for you to come look at it its quiet i turned the flow down and seems to be quiet but still gurggles here and there.

Obama phone? Money for salt water tank? Well played

jrhunter0000;958851 wrote: No my s4 got ran over waiting for repair shop to repair it and have a 20 dollar flip as a get by phone lmao:up:

Dang it!! I was going to PM you on how to get the Obama phone:shout:

Back