Anyone know what this might be?

sethfloydjr

Reaction score
Does anyone know what this might be?
This is the best shot I could get and its not the best example.
INFO:
This is the only one that is anywhere up off of the rocks or substrate.
Greenish color
about a half inch long
seem to be in little piles of 3 or 4 around in the tank
I almost think its some sort of poop or something but all i have is one tang and one prisoner fish and i know the tang poops red strings and the piles are as big as the prisoner fish so i dont think its either one of them.
I do have some live rock and have seen a few small critters around but nothing that could leave something that big behind. I also did have some astrea snails and nasarius snails but they have all been gone for at least a month.

anyone have any ideas?
<fieldset class="gc-fieldset">
<legend> Attached files </legend>
316505=15962-MysteryGreeBlob.jpg
>
316505=15962-MysteryGreeBlob.jpg
class="gc-images" title="MysteryGreeBlob.jpg[/IMG] style="max-width:300px" /></a> </fieldset>

Really think its from some worm??? I have a few bristle worms crawling around in there but I dont think are anywhere near big enough to leave those behind. Ill try later to see if i can get a better shot. The view gets distorted from the glass and the angle where they are right now though.

Barbara - I never put the grate on because i felt like the flow coming out was too dispursed. I could hold my hand in front of it and not feel a thing.

You would be surprised at how big bristle worms can get and just because you don't see them doesn't mean they aren't there.

barbara.....oh i see what you are saying now....no its still there i think its just a shadow hiding it or something

seedless....yea i know i have them and i know they get big but i just dont see how the ones that i have could leave something that big

to put this into perspective....if you have ever seen rat poop thats about how big these "pods" are...they are pods right now because im not convinced its poop yet

nope....but they do sort of deteriorate over a few days and are then gone....then i find fresh ones.

one thing i have noticed is that they are always in little "pockets" on the rocks...not just out in the open or anything

think my tang and prisoner mated and im the proud owner of black, white, and yellow hatchlings that are a new species? :D

im doing a water change tomorrow so i might scoop a few out snap some pics and then inspect them a little more

Back