Anyone use a big refugium?

atlorange;1074790 wrote: Should have my PAX-Bellum N12 Nano Chaeto Reactor in 2-4 weeks. Will review it after I get it online.

I'm really interested to see it in action. It appears to be a beast of a Cheato growing machine. Keep us informed. :)

Bcavalli;1074793 wrote: I'm really interested to see it in action. It appears to be a beast of a Cheato growing machine. Keep us informed. :)

+1!

atlorange;1074790 wrote: Should have my PAX-Bellum N12 Nano Chaeto Reactor in 2-4 weeks. Will review it after I get it online.

Honestly they seem much like an algae turf scrubber, except it grows cheato. There are some other advantages. Very cool if one can afford them. I think they'd do better on an established system rather than a brand new system. The thought of controlling nitrates and phosphates with relative ease is appealing though. Also, I think pulling out some cheato once or twice a month seems easier than changing out GFO.

atlorange;1078501 wrote: Still dont have it. They keep telling me 'any day now'.

REALLY??? That is ridiculous!!!

Have they charged your card? They must be building to order.

When I upgraded to a 210 with a fish room, I repurposed my 90 gallon as a refugium. At the time, it made no sense to sell it for $50 just to buy another tank to use as a refugium. I have several pieces of live rock in there along with a sand bottom and grow copious amounts of chaeto in that sucker!

It's up and running. First impressions is that it's well made, no leaks, time will tell how well it grows chaeto.

CF8F4C08-7A39-4644-81E7-A34782F77837.jpg
alt="" />

The fuge section on my tank is about 150 gallons and it supports a 480 gallon system.

I have probably 400 lbs of rock in there, along with the algea scrubber its been able to keep up with a crazy fish load and over feeding pretty well.

Back