Anyone using the Tunze Multicontroller?

james s_

Market
Reaction score
Trying to figure out what are the best settings to use. Heres my Late Christmas present to myself. :)

DSC04985.jpg
alt="" />

Thats one good christmas present, I have tried just about all of the setting (I only have 2 6100, and 2 waveboxes so for me it is a little different) I always seem to come back to wide open and on all the time. Playing with the settings is half the fun.

I have two waveboxes also. So I should(better) have alot of random flow. Do you control your waveboxes with the 7091 controller seperately?

Yes, and if you have not already done so, make sure you adjust the wavebox with only the return pump on, the other tunze pumps will cancel out some of the wave from the wavebox making it harder to adjust.

I use interval 2, I haven't hooked up the wave box to multicontroller now, but I have used in tha past.... If you hook the wavebox to the controller( I am assuming you have the extension) put it on 6hr interval seem to work the best.

I was told by Roger at Tunze USA that the waveboxes wont work with the 7095 multicontroller. I took the wavebox off of my 125 tonight because 2 of the 6101's are too much flow with the wavebox also running. I like the 6101's they put ALOT of flow. I may switch out the Intake housings to the 6200 ones to disperse the flow a bit more. They have alot of direct flow rather then wide like I thought they would.

SuAsati;115687 wrote: I use interval 2, I haven't hooked up the wave box to multicontroller now, but I have used in tha past.... If you hook the wavebox to the controller( I am assuming you have the extension) put it on 6hr interval seem to work the best.

I cant run both waveboxes yet until I get my 500 setup. I assume you are talking about putting the Streams on the 6hr interval?

you really need to play around with them & tweak as needed. I think 90% or more have it on interval 2. After that you really just kinda get some ideas, tweak, get some more, tweak, etc. I'm still tweaking mine once a week or so and that's after 6 months! Roger also suggested to start on the lower side, i.e., left side: 30% & 50% Right side: 30% & 40%.

46bfinga;115744 wrote: I was told by Roger at Tunze USA that the waveboxes wont work with the 7095 multicontroller..

He must have misunderstood what you asked... they will work, you need to switch the jumper in the 7091 wave controller to the wavebox mode, when the 7095 goes in to low mark, the wave box will shutoff... This was the interval I was mentioning, the 6hr interval is the hightide - lowtide simulation...

Just realized you also have a slave, that would take up the 7091 control connection... You could still put the wavebox on a ti,er and switch it on every 6hrs....

Sounds like a cool Idea. Thanks. I just need to get one of those T connections so I can run 6 devices off the 7095 Multicontroller? Or does the 7091 controller get controlled by the 7095? Im confused :(

I still need to get 5 more of the 6200.50 magnets and a photocell for my 6091 controller.I will order the T connection at the same time and then read through my directions better and try to figure this all out.

When was that garage sale at your house that was mentioned earlier?

NICE GIFT!

I use interval 1, with a pulse time of about 3 seconds and interval set to .2 hours. I have the pump power set to 30% on the low and 80-100% on the high. This setting will alternate between pumps every 20 minutes or so and alternate the enabled pump between 30 and 100% power every 3 seconds. They move every inch of water in my 210 with this setting. It creates a gentle, over-all wave effect.

Cameron;115876 wrote: When was that garage sale at your house that was mentioned earlier?

hmmm are you looking for a 500 gallon tank and a big Dart NW skimmer? :D I may be going bigger soon. As far as the Tunze selling, I may be selling my Tunze Waveboxes. Im thinking about building Waveboxes into my next tank.

Schwaggs;115896 wrote: NICE GIFT!

I use interval 1, with a pulse time of about 3 seconds and interval set to .2 hours. I have the pump power set to 30% on the low and 80-100% on the high. This setting will alternate between pumps every 20 minutes or so and alternate the enabled pump between 30 and 100% power every 3 seconds. They move every inch of water in my 210 with this setting. It creates a gentle, over-all wave effect.

Cool, I will try that. How many streams you have running in your 210?

I have 1 6100 and 1 6101. 2 streams provide decent movement in the entire 210. It's isn't the most extreme movement, but it works well for my mix of softys, LPS and SPS. If you are going for a pure SPS setup or have tighter rockwork, I think you could use more than 2 pumps in a 210. What are the dimensions of the 500 you are setting up?

8'x4'x2' But I may be moving up to a 8'x4'x30" soon,which is a 600 gallon.

I have an old 7094 controller that I have had for like 5 years now but run it very simiilar to schwaggs. I have 6 (I have the y adapter to run 3 on one 7094 outlet) 6100s and then 2 waveboxes (seperately on the 7091) in my 450! Gives me incredible flow. I would definitly take the waveboxes over the streams that is just an amazing peice of equipment.

46bfinga;115837 wrote: Sounds like a cool Idea. Thanks. I just need to get one of those T connections so I can run 6 devices off the 7095 Multicontroller? Or does the 7091 controller get controlled by the 7095? Im confused :(

I still need to get 5 more of the 6200.50 magnets and a photocell for my 6091 controller.I will order the T connection at the same time and then read through my directions better and try to figure this all out.

The Y basically hooks on to one channel of the 7095 and gives you 4 total outlets.... And you won't need a 7091 since your 7095 will control all the pumps attached to that channel.

Back