Apex eb832 question

hzheng33

Staff member
Supporting
Reaction score
Peachtree Corners (Near Norcross High School)
So I had this ev832 for a long time and I know it works ( or it worked as of a few hours ago)

after I disconnected it from power to do some cable management and replug it back to power, nothing would work.

I can see that the power indicator on my radions wouldn’t even turn on. But the LEDs associated with the plugs are lit up.

what concerns me is the voltage reading of 0. That’s new to me. Any idea?

BCB7E35C-E99B-40E3-B41B-A8B5B2026285.png

3A50BB7B-77D3-40A3-8253-EC6014A7CE77.jpeg

Does apex show an alarm for it? I see the red symbol there. Was the aquabus plugged in even you powered up the energy bar?

I have exact same issue on one of the bars, I think you may need to send it off for service. Last year I did that, they fixed it for $50.
It’s on my to do list again...

I've gotten similar "offers" from them in the past. I get the feeling that Apex components should be treated as "consumables"-- they will break at some point and just need to be replaced. To build them to be indestructible in the salty, humid environment they live in might be just cost prohibitive, so Neptune can't warranty them forever, and I can see it not being worth their time to repair them. $175 isn't really too bad for a new EB832. I pay that for two buckets of salt, and there is a heck of a lot more work and intellectual content in an EB832 than a bucket of salt.

@hzheng33
Have you tried disconnecting it from the bus and deleting the module, then reconnecting it and reflashing the firmware?

I'm working from home and can help you with it if you want to try. I can copy all of the settings & programming and get you back up and running pretty quick.

@hzheng33
Have you tried disconnecting it from the bus and deleting the module, then reconnecting it and reflashing the firmware?

I'm working from home and can help you with it if you want to try. I can copy all of the settings & programming and get you back up and running pretty quick.

everything is backed up now. all system is up and running since i have a spare eb832 (i was hoping to get all 3 eb832 running last night). but thank you for the offer and i will try the deleting module/reconnect when i get home today.

Hui, I hope that your issue is different from mine but you described almost exactly what happened with my EB832. Went in one morning to find my radions and skimmer off. The lamps on the 832 were lit indication power to the plugs. In fusion, there was a red exclamation mark on "Voltage." That was the only clue something was amiss. after talking with a tech, he told me it would cost $175-185 to repair with a 90 day warranty. However, since i was a great Neptune customer (I heard sucker), they would sell me a new one with a year warranty for $185.00>. So now I have an EB832 door stop. I may send it in for repair or better yet, find and electrician who can narrow down what part is bad on the voltage side of this thing.

Hui, I hope that your issue is different from mine but you described almost exactly what happened with my EB832. Went in one morning to find my radions and skimmer off. The lamps on the 832 were lit indication power to the plugs. In fusion, there was a red exclamation mark on "Voltage." That was the only clue something was amiss. after talking with a tech, he told me it would cost $175-185 to repair with a 90 day warranty. However, since i was a great Neptune customer (I heard sucker), they would sell me a new one with a year warranty for $185.00>. So now I have an EB832 door stop. I may send it in for repair or better yet, find and electrician who can narrow down what part is bad on the voltage side of this thing.

but the question is...does it stop the door good? lol

i notice that i have the voltage error on Apex fusion as well. i guess i'm going to be sucker for them too.

@urbanknight doug, is it really new? they said that it doesn't come with the retail packaging. i don't want to be suckered into them swapping out the outer plastic casing with old/reburbed guts if you get what i'm saying.

Ok, The aquabus is powering the control logic. That is why you can see the LEDs and it shows up on fusion. But it looks like it's unplugged or the circuit breaker is popped. What is it plugged into?

Ok, The aquabus is powering the control logic. That is why you can see the LEDs and it shows up on fusion. But it looks like it's unplugged or the circuit breaker is popped. What is it plugged into?

edit:

3 radions, versa 4 pack, calcium reactor, a small fan, tunze ato.

i have the same equipment on this EB832 for over a year. i was just doing some cable management last night by disconnecting it from the oulet and next thing you know it wouldn't act the way it has been for over a year.

it's plugged into the same outlet as well.

Back