Apex program problem

matlet

Supporting
Reaction score
Hi,

I'm confused. I programmed my heater plug on the EB8 to hopefully turn on when temp dropped to 79 degrees and turn off when it hits 81 degrees. However, it is not behaving that way (see picture for setting). I uploaded the data to the Apex and the dashboard is showing Auto/ON.

Am I missing something?

Thanks,
Mark

Hi Mark... Why do you think you have a problem?

You are set on "Auto", meaning the Apex will follow the program... And "On" means the outlet is turned on. What is the temperature in the tank?

I would also ask if there is a reason you are letting the temp swing so far?

Settings look good to me.
Is it a programable heater?
You have the log on, check the log and see if it has been turning on and off.

Whistl3r;1028383 wrote: I would also ask if there is a reason you are letting the temp swing so far?

If u set it any less the out let would be turning on and off constantly.

Then I guess you would call me crazy, mine come on at 78.9 and go off at 79.1 lol

Guess I'm REALLY crazy! My heaters come on at 77.3. Min Time set at 2 minutes to prevent oscillation.

No matter what you set your temp at if you also have a delay set, it works the same as one degree up or down.

Doh!! Yes, the issue is the temp was 82 degrees so I expected the heater to be off. I have only spot checked it here and there, but not verified all the settings. I do know, however, that the lights on the tank do shut down when the temp gets above the limit, but I do need to verify the temp when they turn back on.

I appreciate the feedback that it appears I have set the programming up correctly. I wasn't sure if there was some reverse logic I was missing. I am willing to experiment with the temperature range values, but this is a huge step up from when I used to let my office broil during the summer and freeze in the winter.

When you say you set the lights to run for 2 minutes or use a delay, I assume this is hand programming the unit versus using the Apex Fusion interface?

I will take one of our warm days coming up and map the lights and heater settings when the lights turn off and on due to heat. I need to be sure I have an issue with the unit because I want to hook up an ATO with sensors to the Apex and I don't want to have a flood in my finished basement (again).

Thanks,

Mark

Fallback OFF
If Temp < 77.3 Then ON
If Temp > 77.3 Then OFF
Min Time 003:00 Then OFF
If DoW S-T-T-S Then OFF

I tend to get board and try different things.

And yes... the heater should have been Off at 82 degrees... but the screen shot still shows it On.

For me:

Fallback OFF
If Temp < 78.9 Then ON
If Temp > 79.2 Then OFF

Back