apex

rodriguez

Market
Reaction score
do any one know if I can return the apex to the store if the box is open and because is not working??? I purchase the apex from BRS about 3 weeks ago and just installed about 4 days ago to get it updated and until Friday morning when i stared the tank I desire to start programing the apex, I found out that is not accepting the programs so it does not matter what I do it will not take the programs, so I email Neptune at 9:30am Friday and I get an email back saying they will get to me within a 12 to 24 hours, then I get an email saying do this and that and let us know at around 3pm, so I did everything they ask me to do and still don't work so I email back to then at around 4pm Friday, so today I waited until noon and send an email asking when will I get help and they just send me an email back at 7:30pm to tell me that will have to do a phone service but it will be until Wednesday the early I can get help so I am a very upset customer, I didn't pay $540 for a damage item and have to wait that long, so I want to send it back and get my money, any ideas on how to manage this situation , thanks

Sorry to hear this and unfortunately I don't think BRS will take it back. I would call them and see what they can do for you. You maybe able to work something out. The other unfortunate thing is what your going through with Neptune Systems. I had a recent experience recently with Neptune Systems and I constantly sent them emails asking for assistance and all I received in return was try this and that. After 2 weeks of having a ticket open, they finely got into my unit remotely only to find out it was corrupted and they wanted me to RMA back to them for repair.

I've been a Neptune Systems Customer for many years now way before the APEX and it's only been just recently since there support has lacked. In the past they had one of the best technical support ticket turn around and it's just gone down hill. I believe they're customer base has grown so big and the volume of tickets has increased and they don't have the support capacity to support the amount of trouble call volume. Don't get me wrong I'm not bashing them its just so obvious since everyone is now experiencing the same kind of support and delays from them.

They have a superior product and the APEX is one of the best products on the market. Not sure what your other controller product you would consider but I would suggest you try to work something out with BRS or Neptune Systems since it's a great product and once it's running it will certainly make your reefing life much easier.

I was going to order one of these tomorrow. I hate your having so much trouble with it. Thanks for posting your experience. Maybe I'll reconsider. Everything I've heard and read about these conrollers has been positive. Hopefully you get this taken care of soon!

It's very rare that a unit is actually bad, you may just be encountering bad firmware update or programming. Did you try to factory reset the unit (using the display)? Also, did you have the Apex and computer you used to update the Apex hardwired to the router? If not, this can really lead to problems. I have found that having both hardwired using ethernet cable, really reduced the likelihood of issues such as you are encountering now. I always make sure that all wireless is turned off while updating the Apex. Even though you have it hardwired, you have to make sure your computer is not trying to communicate wirelessly.

ghbrewer;1050115 wrote: It's very rare that a unit is actually bad, you may just be encountering bad firmware update or programming. Did you try to factory reset the unit (using the display)? Also, did you have the Apex and computer you used to update the Apex hardwired to the router? If not, this can really lead to problems. I have found that having both hardwired using ethernet cable, really reduced the likelihood of issues such as you are encountering now. I always make sure that all wireless is turned off while updating the Apex. Even though you have it hardwired, you have to make sure your computer is not trying to communicate wirelessly.

+10000000

Even if you have the latest firmware, hard wire everything and reinstall the firmware. I would bet the problem will be resolved.

Find them on Facebook... I had an issue with Innovative Marine and got 0 assistance from their Warranty Dept... 9 months later, sent them some negative comments. NOT bashing, just negative. The next day, they had me a new tank in route!!

atmercure;1050105 wrote: I was going to order one of these tomorrow. I hate your having so much trouble with it. Thanks for posting your experience. Maybe I'll reconsider. Everything I've heard and read about these conrollers has been positive. Hopefully you get this taken care of soon!

Buy it locally and the store staff will help you if you run into problems. Win-win. Many sponsor stores keep them in stock and use them, so they're generally well versed in all things apex.

OP, everyone is currently at macna, so expect delays right now. 5 of the Neptune crew was with me last night and they definitely weren't in tech support mode.

Skriz;1050141 wrote: Buy it locally and the store staff will help you if you run into problems. Win-win. Many sponsor stores keep them in stock and use them, so they're generally well versed in all things apex.

OP, everyone is currently at macna, so expect delays right now. 5 of the Neptune crew was with me last night and they definitely weren't in tech support mode.

Probably looking for support themselves....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ghbrewer;1050143 wrote: Probably looking for support themselves....

Like Taj was at the Christmas Party last year.

ghbrewer;1050143 wrote: Probably looking for support themselves....

Ha! I can neither confirm or deny those claims, but I'm terrified of what photos are going to find themselves on Facebook!

thank you for all the advices and suggestions guys, but after going back and for on the system and searching you tube and the net, restarting the system a few times, I finally got it to work and since the Neptune support email stated that if I can't wait for them until Wednesday to deal with the store, so much for customer service and like I told them, they are forgetting that those systems of them are controlling aquariums with live stock and that the live stock can't be seating waiting on them but anyway I hope I don't have to go thru this again, and all it was I believe it was my account was corrupted, because when I finally was giving up it come to my head to try and open a new account and start as new and IT WORKS, is finally working. thank you all

rodriguez;1050157 wrote: thank you for all the advices and suggestions guys, but after going back and for on the system and searching you tube and the net, restarting the system a few times, I finally got it to work and since the Neptune support email stated that if I can't wait for them until Wednesday to deal with the store, so much for customer service and like I told them, they are forgetting that those systems of them are controlling aquariums with live stock and that the live stock can't be seating waiting on them but anyway I hope I don't have to go thru this again, and all it was I believe it was my account was corrupted, because when I finally was giving up it come to my head to try and open a new account and start as new and IT WORKS, is finally working. thank you all

I'm really glad you were able to get it up and running properly. Now the rest is easy and the things you can control is only limited by your imagination. I think the slow response, as someone else stated is due to Macna. Most of the company's attending the show are running a skeleton crew at home. I've never had any issues with Neptune and their service has always been top notched.

Back